Black update gone wrong: Three times

WPL925

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Black update have been available for months for my unlocked Lumia 925, i've downloaded it THREE ******* TIMES and installed it afterwards then my phone restarts and NOTHING changes, when i go to Info it says i still have Amber, help, this is very frustrating and it makes me scared that the same will happen to WP8.1 when it's released! And all my apps were up to date before downloading the update.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You should have checked the OS and firmware versions before installing it three times. If you've done a hard reset, you will need to update extras+info, like someone else mentioned earlier.

For your reference, the firmware version should start with 305x.

WPL925

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
You should have checked the OS and firmware versions before installing it three times. If you've done a hard reset, you will need to update extras+info, like someone else mentioned earlier.

For your reference, the firmware version should start with 305x.
i just checked and it starts wirh 304 :/ i dont know what to do and honestly i'm sick of updating it over and over again

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
i just checked and it starts wirh 304 :/ i dont know what to do and honestly i'm sick of updating it over and over again

One last time, could you do a hard reset and then install the update? Because honestly, I do not know what could be causing this problem... unless some files have been corrupted. When you do a hard reset, any file corruptions should be fixed. And then you might be able to update your phone successfully.

WPL925

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
One last time, could you do a hard reset and then install the update? Because honestly, I do not know what could be causing this problem... unless some files have been corrupted. When you do a hard reset, any file corruptions should be fixed. And then you might be able to update your phone successfully.

Will hard reset make me lose anything i have on my phone?

WPL925

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately, you will lose all data. Do take a backup first.
i'm not a tech geek so please excuse my ignorance, how can i do a back up? What will it back up exactly? As i have alot of videos downloaded in UC browser and I can't lose them, and i have my music in MP3youtube and i dont wanna re-download them, can i back them up too? Thank you in advance :)

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
i'm not a tech geek so please excuse my ignorance, how can i do a back up? What will it back up exactly? As i have alot of videos downloaded in UC browser and I can't lose them, and i have my music in MP3youtube and i dont wanna re-download them, can i back them up too? Thank you in advance :)

Backup under settings will make a backup of your app list, settings, and text messages tied to your Microsoft account. App data will not be backed up. Any music/videos/images will have to be backed up manually.

Update: now certain apps dont work... My internet works perfectly.. This is really my (first and) last WP phone..

What you do mean? Can you give examples?

WPL925

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay, i will upload everything i have to OneDrive and re-download them i guess...
Yes my twitter, facebook, facebook messenger and snapchat apps do not work, also i can't send pictures in whatsapp, but other apps such as wpc work perfectly and the browser does too :/ so strange

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12