Do you have iPhone envy ?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad mini w/retina and its a really good tablet. I mostly have it because of the form factor and the ecosystem. I much prefer WP as a mobile OS and really enjoy my Lumia Icon. Its smooth and fast and the aesthetic of the tiles just feels better to me than the static folders of iOS 7.

I find the flow in WP quite nice as well.

Sent from a nice white and silver device using Tapatalk

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My kids have iPads, they make awesome toys. My wife has an iPad too, she finds it easier to use than her laptop. That about sums up iOS.

My wife switched from her iPhone to a Lumia 920 after playing with mine. She loves it.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. iPhone is boring, fact. My friend has a new iPhone 5s and yesterday I played with it like 5 minutes. I was like, so what interesting can I do, I opened camera app, swiped up for shortcuts and down for notification centre and I was bored. There is nothing new.

Out of interest, what did you think was missing?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly how I feel, sets me apart from the iSheeple

I still don't get how people feel they can express their 'difference' by buying expensive products from large multinational companies. If you want to express how different you are, throw away your mobile, or at least get a basic 20 euro Nokia. Actually, you'd be surprised how much you can do with a Series 40 phone.

Aniket Bhat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The only phones I envy other than lumia 1020/1520 are Moto X and HTC One (M8). And that too only due to the hardware, and the pricing in terms of Moto X. Only if it had WP 8.1

george_520

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone and when you look at the 1520 you start to wonder why you have an iPhone. I think Microsoft has some work to do but Windows Phone is a true contender.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes.....
1) They have iTunes - it doesn't stream music based on subscription, but it's a WORKING sync solution of my own music. If I shelled out like $30 dollars per year, I could sync my music by the cloud - which works perfect.
2) They all come with stopwatch, compass, better support for "encrypt storage card" of EAS policy, separate volume for ear phones and speakers
3) They can install xbox music that is not laggy and taking forever to sync
4) They can pre-download articles from nytimes/wsj apps
5) Last but not least, they back up most settings for apps and the home screen layout through the cloud - not selected phone settings and app-list, and don't require a cellular connection to restore the setting.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No, there is just about nothing that I find attractive over on iOS. Two main things I miss from my 920 are Xenon flash and FM transmitter, I still use my old N8 regularly in offline mode as an FM transmitter on a bit longer drives

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
just want to point out that WP does have FM radio and can connect to WiFi before restoring from backups as of the latest update 3.

george_520

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Many buy Apple products as they're trustworthy and reliable. Also people like to have the most popular thing and they're usually iPhones. I regret getting my iPhone as once you have one it gets boring to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had lots of phones and of all of them, the iPhone always tends to be the one I ignore. Especially in iOS 7, the UI is slow and frankly I'm just bored with it. That and I can't type on that small screen to save my life.

Right now I've got my Lumia 1020 as my primary and a Nexus 5 as my secondary (mostly for Chromecast). If anything, if I only had a WP, I'd have Nexus 5 envy.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I was more interested in an iPod touch rather than iPhone. Didn't need a smartphone. But it was just too expensive for what they offer so I bought a Zune instead. And once I used Zune on my computer any interest in anything that begins with 'i' was gone. I used iTunes once, it was horrible. And I don't want to offend anyone, but IMHO, I have always felt iPhone and iPad are made more for children, young teens and tech-clueless people. I know many of you would think this is bull but it's just how I feel and I'm just being honest. If I have envy, it's the Lumia 1520 and ICON. I currently have a Lumia 710 and a Lumia 620. I hope to make some money from releasing some WP apps soon to upgrade! :)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I was more interested in an iPod touch rather than iPhone. Didn't need a smartphone. But it was just too expensive for what they offer so I bought a Zune instead. And once I used Zune on my computer any interest in anything that begins with 'i' was gone. I used iTunes once, it was horrible. And I don't want to offend anyone, but IMHO, I have always felt iPhone and iPad are made more for children, young teens and tech-clueless people. I know many of you would think this is bull but it's just how I feel and I'm just being honest. If I have envy, it's the Lumia 1520 and ICON. I currently have a Lumia 710 and a Lumia 620. I hope to make some money from releasing some WP apps soon to upgrade! :)
what kinda apps do you make? :D

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
No envy at all. Most of the people I associate with at one time had Iphones; but they no longer do. Most have converted to Android or WP8. I think Iphones are fine; but they have lost the lead they had to Android and I think aside from the USA and Japan WP8 will overtake them in time. Apple better hope Americans and Japanese never turn on them or they will be in big trouble. But to be honest I would like to see all four (Android, WP8, Blackberry and Apple) all do well. With four OS's to choose from it makes things better for the consumer. But for me WP8 is the way to go, though I do have two Android tablets, All my family's phones are Nokia Lumias.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs