One Gmail account does not sync contacts with Windows Phone, others work fine

vvale

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
This is going to be a long post...

I have a Lumia 620 with Windows Phone 8.
a) The phone is not able to sync contacts with one Gmail account only. Mail and calendar for the same account are synced without problems. Other Gmail accounts sync without problems (contacts and all the other stuff)
b) Windows Phone does not display any error message while syncing, it simply does not sync contacts for the affected Gmail account
c) The lack of synchronization is bidirectional: if I insert a new contact on the phone, it does not appear in the Gmail contacts
d) In order to test if this was a problem with the number of contacts, I deleted from the affected Gmail account all of the contacts. I have then inserted one test contact. The problem still persists.
e) I'm not using the "exchange" contact option (Google Sync) as it not supported any more by Google. I'm using the CardDav protocol.
f) I also have an old Lumia 610 with Windows Phone 7.5. The phone syncs perfectly with the affected Gmail account, by using Google Sync (exchange).
g) I even reset the phone to its default factory settings, but the problem is still there

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Brad Peng

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue as yours. I followed the advice by exporting contacts then delete all contact under Google and then re-import the contacts. It worked for 2 months, and then all the sudden yesterday, ALL MY GOGGLE CONTACTS are GONE! Not one of them left on the phone. I double checked it by filter the contact.. and NOTHING! When I tried to re-sync the contact, it just says, there is a problem syncing... End of it.

Now I wonder if I should do the same exercise over again and see what happens?

georgito007

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Yap..same problems today...tried deleting Google account,renewed all over again and sometimes sync.only some contacts...about 20% of all..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett