I always try to sell Windows Phones at my job!

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Let me tell you!
I work for a Telecommunications Company (in a call center serving Canadian customers) and among aproximately 20 devices, we have 2 Nokia Lumia Phones (and the only 2 WP phones - the L1020 and the L625 (which I have)) - so everytime a client calls and request for a new phone I always try to offer them a WP8 phone, although I do recognize most of them call in inmediately for Samsung Galaxy phones or iPhone, leaving neglected even the Xperia phones AND the BB and Lumias :cry::shocked::crying::devil: , but I try my best telling them how beautiful the camera is, the great Office integration and amazing personalization, as well as better batter life and no viruses that drain battery and data on the phone, etc, etc... so yeah, trying my best here to cell them phones :) ! WP Rocks... :winktongue:

I think the fact that only Nokia sells WP makes it a bit hard for customers to feel comfortable on making such a big decision on gettin' a phone, probably major promotions are needed, not many commercials, or something... I wish more manufacturers can join WP, not just 1 samsung phone ever year, and some other random Huawei phones, I wish Sony can join this too so it grows :) ... but anyways, out of 10 tries I think maybe 1 or 2 can think of it and some of them do agree with Lumia phones :)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear! start off with the features and then ask them if there is any apps that they cannot live without and make sure those are available on WP

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
At least someone is pushing WP !! When I bought my Nokia Lumia 1020 from my local Rogers store, I was kinda taken back. I asked the young Lady if she had any Nokia phones in stock. Her first words were " Are you sure you want a Nokia?? We have the Galaxy Note series."

Now the weird part, after she got my 1020 and Camera Grip from the back I met her at the cash to pay. I noticed a Nokia 920 in a case. I asked if that was her phone, and sure enough it was......and she loved her phone.

This tells me Big Companies must get kick back money to push Samsung and Apple over Windows Phone. Honestly why would a Windows Phone user try to lead someone to a Samsung, when they ask for a Windows Phone.

So if the OP is pushing WP, then I say good on you !!!!!! Most will just want a Galaxy or iPhone, but if any come over to WP then at some point it will become trendy to have Windows :)

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Keep up the work! I have actually managed to "convert" 3 of my closest friends to wp (L1020, HTC 8X and L925). I've also been at two of my local shops, walking around and testing the new lumias, and then managed to sell even two phones to other customers! I don't even work at these shops!

But one of these times, I overheard one of the sellers trying talk **** about lumias to two parents who where out buying a phone to their daughter (and they even told the guy specifically that she wanted a windows phone). He said lumia don't have this and they can't do that, and trying to make them buy a GS4. So I felt I had to step in; "you sir are wrong". And after a few arguments, BOOM! A lumia 1020 were sold.

What I usually do, is ask people what have you heard about WP. Then they often say, they don't have this or you don't have that. Then you just fire some good shots about what they actually do have, and what we do better.
Then I ask what do you really need? Like what are your top 5 must have apps. Then they say like, facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat etc. "Well we have all of that." The best part is when it comes to snapchat. "Well we have 6snap", and just tell/show what 6snap can do that snapchat can't (send saved pictures, write more than one line, make groups, add effects, blur, change brush size ...)

Just a tip: just tell them that ALL google has taught them about "specification is king" is wrong, specs don't really matter when it comes to wp. At least not that much. Because WP is a light os, who doesn't need that much.

ALWAYS focus on what WP can do better, never on what they can't do. And always ask: "have you ever REALLY tried a lumia?"

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
At least someone is pushing WP !! When I bought my Nokia Lumia 1020 from my local Rogers store, I was kinda taken back. I asked the young Lady if she had any Nokia phones in stock. Her first words were " Are you sure you want a Nokia?? We have the Galaxy Note series."

Now the weird part, after she got my 1020 and Camera Grip from the back I met her at the cash to pay. I noticed a Nokia 920 in a case. I asked if that was her phone, and sure enough it was......and she loved her phone.

This tells me Big Companies must get kick back money to push Samsung and Apple over Windows Phone. Honestly why would a Windows Phone user try to lead someone to a Samsung, when they ask for a Windows Phone.

So if the OP is pushing WP, then I say good on you !!!!!! Most will just want a Galaxy or iPhone, but if any come over to WP then at some point it will become trendy to have Windows :)

I know this guy working for Elkj?p (The biggest electronics retailer here in scandinavia), he told me he would rather sell an iPhone or an android, because there was a bigger profit selling them compared to a nokia. The company made more money, and he made more money because he gets profit for how much money he makes for the company... So he doesn't even try to sell a Nokia, unless the costumer REALLY REALLY wants one.

So what you're saying is absolutely true. And this is damaging for WP...

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It seems like all over the world they try hard NOT to sell windows phones with the exception of a few of you guys. It is the same in the Netherlands.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Was Nokia ever a popular brand in Canada? I had Nokia Symbian devices in the past, which you can see in my signature, but most people here in the US never heard of Nokia (or just thought it was a feature phone brand). I know Nokia was never popular in the US like in Europe and Asia. Has it been the same in Canada?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Good job! Keep it up! I've had several people that I converted. One of those has since moved to iOS and likes it better, and another switched to iOS when his WP broke several times, and at the time, all they could offer him was another of the same model that he didn't want to try anymore of (pre-Nokia). But now that he's on iPhone, he continually tells me how he wants another Windows Phone, and can't wait until his contract is up.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Was Nokia ever a popular brand in Canada? I had Nokia Symbian devices in the past, which you can see in my signature, but most people here in the US never heard of Nokia (or just thought it was a feature phone brand). I know Nokia was never popular in the US like in Europe and Asia. Has it been the same in Canada?

Nokia was huge in Canada for some time, back when Rogers was first AT&T. Moto dropped them off the top, then the iphone bumped them. I even had an early Nokia...the 3360.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought Nokia phones all through my life so far..starting from the basic models to the latest WP8. Yes, My sister uses Android, but let me tell you NEVER EVER An ANDROID PHONE LURED ME WITH ITS LOOKS or ITS FEATURES and MOST IMPORTANT - The BUILD QUALITY. That being said, WP is the best phone one can ever go for. Take it in another way..you have a Lumia phone and you are teh only person having it out of 5 guys sitting next to you. That will make you unique and distinguished form herds taht follow the same **** and they don't even know why :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05