Does Windows phone 8 or 8.1 has anything similar to "HTC Blinkfeed" ???

ketan2604

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I am in awe of Htc Blinkfeed but I dont like android OS that much. I have decided to buy Nokia Lumia 1520 but I am waiting for Build event. Is there anything like HTC blinkfeed in Windows phone??

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am in awe of Htc Blinkfeed but I dont like android OS that much. I have decided to buy Nokia Lumia 1520 but I am waiting for Build event. Is there anything like HTC blinkfeed in Windows phone??

Blinkfeed is the homescreen with social and other newsfeeds. I don't think that Windows Phone does have something similar as we have the default start screen.
But as answered Flipboard is a magazine like reader. It will be coming soon.

Though if you are looking for a news reader then, here they are.
Weave News Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)

Magnify BETA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Flipboard is a free app on ios and android , I am sure it will be free since windows 8 version is available free of cost and works smoothly :smile:

Moli Player, Angry Birds, Cut The Rope , even WPCentral(LOL!)etc ....are many apps which are free on Android but paid on WP.
Last time I was searching for Offline news reader app and their isn't a single which is free. On Android the Best Offcial apps are free.
So, if app is free on Android that doesn't make it free on WP.
and well, super famous games like Temple Run 2 , Subway Surfer etc... can run on 512MB RAM on other OS but need 1GB in WP.

So, I don't think Flipboard will be free on WP.
It's a very costly platform , you have to pay for every single average quality app here.

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Because windows phone developer can't submit unlimited free applications, only 5 apps or games can be published by individua developer for free, they can only submit unlimited applications and games in paid version. Bad for windows phone store and windows phone users.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Moli Player, Angry Birds, Cut The Rope , even WPCentral(LOL!)etc ....are many apps which are free on Android but paid on WP.
Last time I was searching for Offline news reader app and their isn't a single which is free. On Android the Best Offcial apps are free.
So, if app is free on Android that doesn't make it free on WP.
and well, super famous games like Temple Run 2 , Subway Surfer etc... can run on 512MB RAM on other OS but need 1GB in WP.

So, I don't think Flipboard will be free on WP.
It's a very costly platform , you have to pay for every single average quality app here.

I am 99% sure it will be free , they don't even have to work for a windows phone app , its already there , they have to re-code the windows 8 app and it will work on windows phone 8.1 (unified store )

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Because windows phone developer can't submit unlimited free applications, only 5 apps or games can be published by individua developer for free, they can only submit unlimited applications and games in paid version. Bad for windows phone store and windows phone users.

What a stupid rule.
Don't know why MS come up with this most stupidest rules ever made in history of smartphone

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I am 99% sure it will be free , they don't even have to work for a windows phone app , its already there , they have to re-code the windows 8 app and it will work on windows phone 8.1 (unified store )

I hope it's true.
But what about the hardware requirement.
Even if it's free it may need 1GB RAM atleast.

So, I don't think it will a happy ending for 512MB RAM users.

If that happen I can even predict what will WP users will say.
Any guess??
Well they will same as what they are saying now about Official 9GAG app.

Like - Magnify is better app than Flipboard or something like that.
It happens all the time.

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
blink feed of HTC is a widget that would automatically collect data and update your widgets. however, WP only has tiles that will be updated or dependent with backgrnd updates that would only show photos of new articles.

one of the best RSS or news app I have used so far is "Weave".
Im still waiting for Flipboard afficial app ��

If you REALLY want blinkfeed. I guess you have to choose bet. Samsung Magazine UI or HTC sense UI. ��

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Blinkfeed is an app after all, and yes there are some other news readers such as magnify Beta.
Hopefully Flipboard will be coming with the 8.1 update. Good luck with your 1520 .. I'm about to get one myself.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
How much more time my friend.
WP is now 4 year old.
What will WP8.1 will do in this regard?

4 year old , fine no see how rapidly it is getting in shape ;)
it will help developers get deeper access to OS , new API and completely new SDK , one can easily create common apps for windows 8.1 and windows phone 8.1
flipboard is already available on windows , so they are just waiting to update the app for windows phone 8.1 , resulting in delay

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
4 year old , fine no see how rapidly it is getting in shape ;)
it will help developers get deeper access to OS , new API and completely new SDK , one can easily create common apps for windows 8.1 and windows phone 8.1
flipboard is already available on windows , so they are just waiting to update the app for windows phone 8.1 , resulting in delay

I'll not say rapidly but slowly slowly very slowly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb