Timebound ! Actually i want to download the 9GAG official app right now, which would be paid in a while. I have a 520, which (shockingly) doesnt support the official app. I know the official app is worse than pathetic, i know about rudy's great app too.
    a) the official app might improve in the future
    b) this thread might help me/others wanting to buy apps for free which are free only for a limited time

But i want to register the official app with my ms account so that if i want to install it on my new phone which i'd buy in a while, i wont have to pay for the app, and it would say "you already own this app, do you want to reinstall ?".
    I cant install it from the phone, and when i see on the store on the browser on my laptop, it says not compatible there too.
    Does anyone know of a way i can register it as purchased/installed on my MS account app history ?
    04-01-2014 10:41 AM
    I don't think it's possible unless you register another phone.

I have no idea why the app is only 1GB since it's only a web wrapper.
    Saksham Sharma likes this.
    04-01-2014 11:17 AM
    I don't think it's possible unless you register another phone.

I have no idea why the app is only 1GB since it's only a web wrapper.
    that app seems to be a joke, by the screenshots. They seem to have done it just in reply to some people, and didn't really care about it.
    Anyway thanks ! :)
    If anyone can come up with some indigenous (or not) method to do what i asked, do share !
    04-01-2014 11:43 AM
    You can do it..via Fidler 2... just bing/google for it and it will show up... it's not that complicated... hate that I can't post links right now.. am busy...
    you can install any other app that you want even 1gb ones, htc/samsung exclusives and everything.. will post regularly tommorow :D
    Good luck
    04-01-2014 01:45 PM
    You should be able to go to the windows phone store on your laptop or pc and purchase it there. If I remember correctly you will get a notifier about installing the app the next time the phone connects to the pc.
    04-01-2014 04:49 PM
    that app seems to be a joke, by the screenshots. They seem to have done it just in reply to some people, and didn't really care about it.
    Anyway thanks ! :)
    If anyone can come up with some indigenous (or not) method to do what i asked, do share !
    sync your ms account with a 1G RAM or more. borrow from a friend who is about to do a hard reset or from a store then purchase an app using the phone. Once a device already synched to your account it will stick to your profile and you will be able to purchase from browser anytime.
    Last edited by alllies; 04-01-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    04-01-2014 05:16 PM
    sync your ms account with a 1G RAM or more. borrow from a friend who is about to do a hard reset or from a store then purchase an app using the phone. Once a device already synched to your account it will stick to your profile and you will be able to purchase from browser anytime.
    that was an obvious route, still thanks ! :) but I'm afraid it wont be possible for me ! :)
    04-02-2014 07:04 AM
    You should be able to go to the windows phone store on your laptop or pc and purchase it there. If I remember correctly you will get a notifier about installing the app the next time the phone connects to the pc.
    when i sign in at the store, the install button changes to 'not compatible ' text. What you mentioned must be with wp7, i just have an option to send apps via push. Anyway thanks ! :)
    04-02-2014 07:07 AM
    You can do it..via Fidler 2... just bing/google for it and it will show up... it's not that complicated... hate that I can't post links right now.. am busy...
    you can install any other app that you want even 1gb ones, htc/samsung exclusives and everything.. will post regularly tommorow :D
    Good luck
    thanks for the reply ! :) as far as i can see, fidler is something which can fiddle with the web page (putting it crudely), so it might fool the web store that my phone is compatible and then i should be able to send the app to my phone via push service.
    But i don't seem to see how exactly it is to be done for wp store.
    If you have done it, please share your experience (adventure ;) ), which apps you got working that way, and maybe post the link of some tutorial which can get it done for me.
    Just to add, i know basic html, basic c++ and basic java, and i can understand a little higher level stuff with some effort maybe, but i hope it wont require any super advanced stuff !

Lastly, thanks for the information, i wasn't aware that such a thing existed ! :) waiting for a proper reply, do oblige when you are free.
    04-02-2014 07:14 AM
    Sorry for the late answer... you know 8.1 hype.. here is the link with all the tutorial needed for installing apps via Fiddler Running Nokia and Samsung WP8 apps on the HTC 8x | Adam's Code Blog.. greetz
    04-15-2014 04:50 AM
    Sorry for the late answer... you know 8.1 hype.. here is the link with all the tutorial needed for installing apps via Fiddler Running Nokia and Samsung WP8 apps on the HTC 8x | Adam's Code Blog.. greetz
    thanks a lot ! :) I'll check it out soon ! ;)
    04-15-2014 04:52 AM