Google Account not syncing correctly

sheepdog1e

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I found an issue this morning where I lost someones name in messaging I received a message from a person that was in my contact list and then the next message received from that person was no longer available only a phone number on closer examination it appears as some of my contacts are syncing from Google but not all with no error message, syncing is working with facebook, twitter, live and gmail.
Can anyone shed any light on what to look for as the problem to this partial syncing problem, If I check my Windows 8 People app all my contacts are listed and correctly displaying.
I am using a Nokia 1520

Last edited:

Bruin_Warrior

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. In fact, when I try to sync my Gmail contacts with my Windows Phone 8, I get an error code (80190194) message. My contacts also seemed to have disappeared, and if I "successfully" manage to sync my contacts, only a fraction of them will appear. While it isn't the first time this happens, this is the first time that I haven't been able to fix the problem. I also tried signing in through another Windows Phone and failed, so I'm assuming that this is a Google and Windows Phone CardDAV problem.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it.
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/contacts/v3/

byersbw

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I just posted over here: Gmail error code - Microsoft Community but basically...

I just bought a Lumia 520 and am unable to have my google contacts sync. With the contacts box unchecked, everything syncs properly. When I check the contacts box, I get the error 80190194.

I do NOT have two-step auth for Google on, nor do I have SMS alerts on.

After doing a little digging (THANKS to Bruin_Warrior), thus far it appears that Google moved their CardDAV servers to HTTPS only on March 31st (I believe is what I read). This makes me wonder if that's not the issue. :/

Constan Cabrerizo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I am having same error 80190194 in my Nokia Lumia 1520. Google contacts are partially missing and when I deleted the account and recreated it again, I have the same problem. It seems to be a general failure.

Regards,

Constan

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, looks like am also having the same error. What the hell is Google up to now?

Edit: After repeated syncing it synced. Working fine now.

Constan Cabrerizo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. In fact, when I try to sync my Gmail contacts with my Windows Phone 8, I get an error code (80190194) message. My contacts also seemed to have disappeared, and if I "successfully" manage to sync my contacts, only a fraction of them will appear. While it isn't the first time this happens, this is the first time that I haven't been able to fix the problem. I also tried signing in through another Windows Phone and failed, so I'm assuming that this is a Google and Windows Phone CardDAV problem.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it.
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/contacts/v3/

I guess that the Microsoft guys have not deployed yet the update so we will have to wait until they will do it...[IRONY MODE ON]Maybe they are focused in the update for Windows 8.1 or Windows 9 for today :winktongue:[IRONY MODE OFF]

zilosxp

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Thankfully I am not the only one with this issue. Noticed this morning and have tried syncing more than 5 times. Only a handful of contacts sync. Let's see how long this takes to get resolved. Very annoying.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Subscribing. Happened to my 1520 and the gf's 925. Annoying.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you may need to sit and wait a while before we get an answer from the Windows Phone team on this one. They tend to work on Seattle time, and it's currently 5:45am over there.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea