Call history mystery.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought a relative a Windows Phone to replace their old feature phone. I set it up and wanted to do some training but they blew it off saying it's a phone, what's to learn? He said his wife has the same phone I bought him and he can use it better than she can.

Fast forward a day: He just called and is very upset because he didn't know how to answer calls that just came in. So I walked him thru that over the phone and made some practice calls to make sure he had it.

He asked how he can see what numbers called so he can call them back. I asked if he saw a tile with an icon of an old style handset and he said yes. I told him to tap it and he should see a history of all calls in and out, completed or not. He swears the only calls in the list are the ones between us in the last few minutes.

Anyone know how that could be possible?

I asked if he might have mistaken some other event as an incoming call but he said he heard the T-Mobile ring tone twice and could not figure out how to answer a call.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This will be tough to answer without knowing what exact steps he took while the phone calls were coming in. I would put a Dollar against a Donut that he simply deleted calls accidently while in a controlled panic trying to answer them. Believe or not, I saw this with an iPhone user (3GS) a while back where he was literally screaming at his phone and just punching the screen with his finger. It is amazing how much better that phone worked after I calmed him down and just called him and had him hit his button to answer. I expect the same here.

My advice: Simply ensure his call history is fine after a couple days of him answering the phone correctly. There is simply no pattern of this type of fault in the WP community to my knowledge.

Let us know how things go. We want him happy with his phone.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I would put a Dollar against a Donut that he simply deleted calls accidently while in a controlled panic trying to answer them.
Makes sense. Probably not while trying to answer though because he didn't know to swipe to get to where he could answer. But he sure could have while trying to return calls.

Not a good start. I think he was afraid of the phone. It was a Christmas present that he didn't have time to do the switch until just now. You know, different sims, no way to save the old contacts, changing plans, etc.. Seemed a long time to not have the time.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs