No Hope with ATT?

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I waited 6 months for the L920 to come out and went through a lot of hoops switching carriers and such to get it. Generally I like it but the one I have now is a refurb with some screen abrasions I didn't make, some light-bleed around the screen, and a creaking bezel around the top. I kinda want a brand new squeaky clean phone that both is new and looks new. The problem is, who wants to buy a phone released 8mo (1020) that came standard with hardware over a year and a half old from the start? With the Icon and 930 now either on the market or on the horizon, I'm worried about being stuck on ATT. When my 2 year term ends in November, will ATT have a new flagship windows phone for me or will my options still be a 925, 1020, or 1520? Do you think an early upgrade from a 920 to a 1020 is worth it right now? Do you think holding out will net any new choices on ATT anytime soon? With the updates on the iPhone and Galaxy phones occurring every 6mo or so, I kinda feel let down.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
By November? Abso-freaking-lutely there will be new flagships by then. It is tough to know what, but AT&T has been the home to several flagship WP's- from the Samsung Focus, Focus S and the HTC Titan series in WP7 and all the way through to the WP8 L920, L1020, and leading the way with top end quad-core, hi-def screens with the monster L1520. I know it is a little irratating for those of us on AT&T who want a top end WP with a 5" or so screen to see that we are not getting the L930, or even an equal Samsung ATIV SE.

But, the Summer buying season is HUGE, as is the Holiday buying season. We will see new flagships of some kind. Truly, the L1520 and L1020 still are selling like top end WP's, so AT&T is just going with them. I cannot see them not wanting something new for one of those two consumer driven time frames.

My Guess? You will come due at the perfect time.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I waited 6 months for the L920 to come out and went through a lot of hoops switching carriers and such to get it. Generally I like it but the one I have now is a refurb with some screen abrasions I didn't make, some light-bleed around the screen, and a creaking bezel around the top. I kinda want a brand new squeaky clean phone that both is new and looks new. The problem is, who wants to buy a phone released 8mo (1020) that came standard with hardware over a year and a half old from the start? With the Icon and 930 now either on the market or on the horizon, I'm worried about being stuck on ATT. When my 2 year term ends in November, will ATT have a new flagship windows phone for me or will my options still be a 925, 1020, or 1520? Do you think an early upgrade from a 920 to a 1020 is worth it right now? Do you think holding out will net any new choices on ATT anytime soon? With the updates on the iPhone and Galaxy phones occurring every 6mo or so, I kinda feel let down.
Iphone gets updated yearly not every 6 months. By November I imagine AT&T will have the Lumia 930, and the Lumia 1020 might have a successor launched by then.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Same thing with Telus here in Canada. They have next to nothing for Lumia phone.
So I called them to ask about the Lumia 930. They say they don't know. Kind of sh1tty. They said to buy somewhere else and put a sim in it.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had pretty good luck with WP upgrades on ATT during the Nov/Dec timeframe in even years. No reason to think that will change. I think you will probably have some good options at that time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss