Which car entertainment systems work best with Windows Phone 8(.1)?

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Which car entertainment systems work best with Windows Phone 8(.1) based on your experience/recommendation? Looking at picking up a new vehicle, and compatibility with Windows Phone is a consideration of mine. Anyone have any recommendations for good vehicle manufacturers or even tips on bad ones to avoid? Any info is good info.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion would be to take your phone with you and try it in the car. In general most systems with Bluetooth should work but there have been some incompatibility issues with some systems. I think Ford was one off the top of my head.

Keep in mind that you probably won't have the type of functionality found on iOS or Android as they typically make apps for those phones, which is frustrating.

There's also Miracast but it would appear you need the right phone. Miracast to require new Windows Phone hardware, Lumia 1520 might make the cut | Windows Phone Central

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'll just keep updating this thread with CX5 woes and Windows Phone. This morning no amount of shuffle requests could coax Cortana into actually shuffling my audio over Bluetooth. I still blame Mazda for these issues, but no proof so far. It looks like after using a fresh WP install for a while shuffle breaks. This happened with my 8.0 install as well: it worked for a bit, and afterward I was never able to get it back to work.

Anyway, using voice command in the steering wheel (the little dude with the wifi signal coming from his mouth) there is an option shuffle > all. That did turn shuffle back on, but it also turned on 'scan' meaning you get 20second snippets of your song. Hoping scan turns off later, and that shuffle sticks. We'll see, I'll update if I find anything new.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I find its Cortana. This morning she just wasn't listening. Reboot phone and she was back. Had to reboot phone daily this week to bring Cortana back to life.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 822 works great with my Dodge Dart Uconnect 8.4 and Jeep Cherokee Uconnect 2 8.4 system. After today's update the new call Cortana feature works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett