Just switched from iPhone and need help! Text / iMessage Issue

Dakow#WP

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just switched my wife from her iPhone to a Windows Phone. She's liking the platform but has one big show stopping issue. Her friends with iPhones are sending her iMessages and thus she's not getting them. I turned iMessage off on her old iPhone and now it seems to be 50/50. Anyone experience this issue and can help?

clavecinist

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to supportprofile.apple.com and be sure to remove the device from the Apple ID. After turning off iMessage in settings and removing the device it can take several hours for changes to be complete.

Dakow#WP

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you. I just unregistered her phone from that site and will test in the morning. If we're still having problems we will call Apple support.

I wish I had thought about this issue before hand, thanks!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of trouble with this when my sister got a Lumia after having an iPhone. Hopefully after following the above advice it works out for you, but if it's anything like I experienced, you may still have some people who still can't contact you properly through SMS. After I got my sister to follow the steps already mentioned, some of her friends could contact her and some couldn't, as they kept wanting to send iMessages all the time. Sometimes getting them to switch their iPhones off and back on again will make them see that you no longer have an iPhone. With some though, you may need to get them to remove you as a contact on their phone, and then add you again. It really can be a pain to sort out sometimes. Many other people have had the same issues.

Apple have had such a long time to fix this problem, but it appears they still haven't got around to doing much about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb