I really hope this is something simple I am overlooking, but I downloaded a movie from Xbox Video to my phone and for the life of me can't figure out how to delete it.

I go inside Xbox Video, find it within my collection, press down hoping to get a pop up menu, but nothing. In storage check it shows it as being app data attached to the xbox video app. Not sure where else to look.
    04-10-2014 09:47 AM
    I really hope this is something simple I am overlooking, but I downloaded a movie from Xbox Video to my phone and for the life of me can't figure out how to delete it.

I go inside Xbox Video, find it within my collection, press down hoping to get a pop up menu, but nothing. In storage check it shows it as being app data attached to the xbox video app. Not sure where else to look.
    Do you want to just delete the file from your phone or remove it from your xbox video collection?

To just delete the locally stored file (and shrink Xbox Video's storage use) go to the video you want to delete. It should say it's available offline if it's indeed locally stored. If that's the case, the middle button in the app bar at the bottom should a "stream" button. This forces the locally saved version of the video to be deleted and the move or episode to have to be streamed from the cloud.

To remove it from your Xbox Video's collection (meaning you won't have it listed in the app, video.xbox.com, Windows 8, or the Xbox), there's the "remove from collection" menu item in the same app bar once you open it up by pressing the "..." on the right.
    Last edited by Im_Q; 04-10-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    MoggSquad likes this.
    04-10-2014 09:58 AM
    Yes, just delete locally. I had a feeling that was it, but never tried. It did work, many thanks.
    04-10-2014 11:33 AM