This annoying sound limitation when turning on phone

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You know what I'm talking about. When you turn on your phone, the vol is set to 50%
When setting it above that, you get an annoying message saying you are an ***** that will get deaf vy doing it :winktongue:

Very annoying in itself, but then there is another level of annoyance, when you usually have sound off and only vibe on...
Well, then you STILL get that annoying message if you set the volume above 50%

They should and could, at least, implement a decent feature where the annoying volume message ONLY occurs when sound on the phone is actually active. If only tril-function is active and no sound plays then the annoying message shouldn't be truly REDUNDANT.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The volume warning is incredibly stupid, especially with Bluetooth audio, when the phone knows that it has no clue what the actual volume is because an external volume control is guaranteed. I wonder if it will take a car accident due to a driver being distracted by his audiobook sound suddenly becoming inaudible before whatever poorly-drafted law or spec requiring this warning is updated to make sense.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Strange. I only saw this warning one time and that was the first time I turned the volume up after getting my phone. I did see it one other time after a phone reset to factory defaults. Other than that, I don't see it at all. I have a Lumia 920 from AT&T.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm another AT&T 920 user. Power off and on the phone maybe once every 2 weeks, never see the warning. But it is mildly annoying that I have to reset the volume up to 28 where I like it

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
slightly different topic but within the range of this subject:

do u feel that the volume is slightly lower than what it is like compared to other devices, such as ipods(never owned one)?
i havent actually tested it much, but i always feel that the volume is a bit on the low side when listening in WP.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The 520 doesn't do that. It only gives the message once.
Anyway the message is there so when you do become deaf from listening to loud music you won't be able to sue. Enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte