Text Message Backup

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello WPC community,

So I installed WP8.1 Preview for Developers as most of you and the battery life is nowhere near it was prior to update. I've read many comments saying that hard reset seems to improve this and other issues with the OS. However I really want to back up all of my stuff before doing so - texts are not an exception. Now the toggle for text message back up has always been off on my phone and I only now toggled it on. Also, I've selected to download messages from 'any time'.

How do I know when it's finished backing up? There are thousands of messages and I believe it might take some time for all of them to be synced with OneDrive. I can see only 130 messages in Outlook's "Contacts" folder (weirdly, there were 138 10 minutes ago) and they are more or less random; some of them are from the very first day I used the phone, then some from February, etc.

So, how do we know? Or we don't?

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It will sync some data initially and then the rest at a later time. I'm not sure of the exact interval but I think I have seen mention somewhere that it can take up to a day to get messages back on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6