Should I buy another WP device?

vkstarry

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Currently I'm using 1020 and I'm addicted to the camera, really.
But honestly, I feel like I'm torturing myself buying this phone.
Why? The apps.
For example LINE, no games no timeline and the sticker shop had only 1% of what's in ios / android.
Whenever I press a notification, sometimes the chat isn't updating and I had to open-close the chat to update.
Even worse in Instagram, notification randomly update, sometimes the notification still there (the number on app tile) after I close the app.
I had to reopen, press the love (notif icon) to force notif update.
And its still beta till today, no video recording.

I feel like I had to accept the reality that I can't enjoy some cool features that ios and android user do, they probably bored of that.
Yes, in most top apps.

I dropped my 1020 and the GPS not 100% accurate in positioning anymore.
Camera is a little bit laggy.
I'm planning to get another phone, maybe the successor of 1020.
Or maybe I should move on?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps if the app problem concerns you immensely it would be best to go with the more complete app selections of the other platforms.
I know there are a lot of dual users right here enjoying the attributes of multiple devices and platforms.
Myself I'm more of a hardware user than app person.

The decision is best left to you.

jevans911

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Why? The apps.
For example LINE, no games no timeline and the sticker shop had only 1% of what's in ios / android.
Whenever I press a notification, sometimes the chat isn't updating and I had to open-close the chat to update.
Even worse in Instagram, notification randomly update, sometimes the notification still there (the number on app tile) after I close the app.

I feel like I had to accept the reality that I can't enjoy some cool features that ios and android user do, they probably bored of that.
Yes, in most top apps.

For me personally the "app gap" isn't that big of a problem. The apps I use regularly (or WP substitutes) are all available on this platform. I've used both android and ios and remember thinking each time that the other platforms were better, but since switching to WP, I haven't had that thought once. As much as I hate to say it, if apps are the main reason you have a smartphone then another platform might be a better fit for you... As for me, I'm sticking with windows phone... Besides I think the app situation will improve in time...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Why? The apps.

Yes, in most top apps.

Or you can get your 1020 fixed at the Nokia store AND flash a fresh OS onto it. Tada! Making the phone as good as new!

Or you can get a phone with a good amount of research first...I mean, you can just ask a few people before making a new investment.

vkstarry

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm not interested with 930 and 630.
So I think I'll wait for Windows Phone 8.1 phones and Apple WWDC this year.
I personally wish that I'll end up choosing WP cause I'm planning to develop apps for it.
I will if I get one.

phillyundead

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm feeling your pain. I just got the 1520 two weeks ago and I can't stand it. The app selection is terrible and the apps it does have are way behind. The current wp facebook is what Android and iOS had a year ago. I don't care about the games really but there is a terrible selection anyway. The whole interface is a step backwards. Live tiles don't update unless I click them. Notifications suck. Battery life is good but not as good as the note 3 I had. The volume settings are the worst I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm feeling your pain. I just got the 1520 two weeks ago and I can't stand it. The app selection is terrible and the apps it does have are way behind. The current wp facebook is what Android and iOS had a year ago. I don't care about the games really but there is a terrible selection anyway. The whole interface is a step backwards. Live tiles don't update unless I click them. Notifications suck. Battery life is good but not as good as the note 3 I had. The volume settings are the worst I've ever seen.

What do you mean? The combined volume settings or the separate ones?
The notification centre is quite good. I've had two Windows Phones, no regrets

phillyundead

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
The volumes are combined, right? Other than hitting the vibrate button there's no way I can find to change the media volume without changing the ring volume.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think you are in wp 8 update to wp 8.1.there is separate volume for ringer ND media/apps. But yes you will miss apps with wp. Same is the case with bb 10 os. Wp needs lot of apps. Until then it will not get people attention.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

vkstarry

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
The volumes are combined, right? Other than hitting the vibrate button there's no way I can find to change the media volume without changing the ring volume.

The volume thing is separated perfectly in windows phone 8.1

I checked iPhone 5S and yes the price in my country is above $1000.
Then I look at my 1020 and cried.
If only developers develop apps with all their heart....... :(

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The volume thing is separated perfectly in windows phone 8.1

I checked iPhone 5S and yes the price in my country is above $1000.
Then I look at my 1020 and cried.
If only developers develop apps with all their heart....... :(

Just to get some clarity, what apps are you looking for exactly? May be we can help. YOu say you cry seeing your 1020. It's by far the best camera phone I have ever seen.

vkstarry

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Just to get some clarity, what apps are you looking for exactly? May be we can help. YOu say you cry seeing your 1020. It's by far the best camera phone I have ever seen.

Line, facebook, and anything new..
I'm planning to get a new phone and i'm still confuse.
Should i get a new 1020 or wait for the successor?
I heard that iphone 5 battery was bad, is that true?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa