A few noob questions: Outlook Todos, Step Tracker, Which Camera app

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
Just got my Icon, and still trying to find my way around my first WP device. A few quick questions I've had problems searching for answers on...

1. How can I view my todo lists I have in outlook? I saw an option to view todo items on the calendar, but I need to see my entire outlook todo list in one view, including non-timed items
2. How do I ADD todo items to my outlook todo list?
3. I remember reading about a fitness app / nokia thing a while back that said it could act as a step tracker inside and constantly (like a fitbit). Unless I'm missing it, Fitness & health, doesn't seem to do that unless it's an outside run style thing (using the GPS tracker button)
4. I've seen a few fitbit viewers, but not anything that seems to be able to actually pull the fitbit data off the device, is there a way to do that?
5. I have multiple camera apps, "camera" and "Nokia Pro Cam" since I have a Lumia Icon, I assume I can just ignore the "camera" app and should use the "Nokia Pro Cam" since it's likely better with my device?

Last, I've read through the "Beginners Guide" in the WP8 forum, but is there a "New users should all do..." post somewhere I am missing? I'm looking for things like: What apps are considered must haves, and what things you should setup and how, best ways to use the device, etc. I come from webOS land, and they had an awesome first timers thread that listed a ton of tips and tricks, best practices and apps.

Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'll try to answer your questions.

1. Todo lists from Outlook on WP8 are not supported currently.
2. See above
3. Any fitness type device has issues working with WP8, this is due to the restrictive nature of WP8. This is changing in WP8.1 though and apparently Fitbit has an app in development for WP.
4. See above.
5. Camera apps are obviously up to you. Advantages and disadvantages are dependent on how you use your camera. There's all sorts of options for apps, not just the ones on the phone.

Not sure where you're located but you can go here to find information on Windows Phone and apps. Windows Phone (United Kingdom)

As for must haves, sort of up to you really. I don't really go for lists of the 'best of'. The question you need to ask is, what are you using your phone for and what apps to I require to do that? Then maybe people can help.

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ah.... bummer about todo lists. They are a big part of my workflow. Are their 3rd party options that link into Exchange? Or do people tend to use oneNote? (I've never used that myself)

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
To-Do list on Outlook consists of a few things:
* emails with flags
* Tasks.

Tasks are actually fully supported in WP8. Email flags are supported by email client.

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! so Fox, so is there a Task app or something I need to get to view my full todo list? And am I able to add tasks, or just view them?

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ah, ok. Now that I new what to search for, I found them listed in the calendar app. Thanks for the heads up!
Anyone know anything about the step tracker? For some reason I had though that nokia had a built in step tracker function either here, or on the way?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs