Question for all of the WP cyclist enthusiasts

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I have a question for all of the WP cyclist enthusiasts. I am looking for a cycling gps app (or it equivalents). Specifically, I am looking for an app in which I can input a new cycling route and receive turn-by-turn direction.

A little back story for those who would like to read further. I have recently moved to a new area, and I am interested in exploring the cycling route in this area. The area I lived previously, I was familiar with multiply route to work, school and route for recreation. My current residence has been a little bit more complex. A few of the routes that I explored are not as straight forward as I am used to.

My first option is to find an app on the WP platform that can give me turn by turn direction of a route that I have inputted prior to me going riding. While other cycling features are important to me. The most important would be that feature.

My Second option would be to explore what options are available on the android platform. I am a Microsoft fan through and through, and would prefer a WP solution. However, I am not above a purchasing a cheap android solutions to fit my needs.

The third option is similar to the second with the exception of researching options that may be available on the apple platforms. If I had to choose between android and apple, I would prefer android as it is easier to find cheaper handsets.

My final option, and one I am not really looking forward to is just to purchase a cycling specific device. While this may be the best option, I would hate to purchase a device with just one use.

So if anyone has any ideas to help, I would be greatly appreciated. Also any solution on other platforms would be also interesting.

Thanks

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
DVELOPinc
Thanks for those app selection. Map My Ride seems to have a low rating, what have been your experience using this app. I will check out cyclometer (downloading it now). However, after reading the apps page, I did not notice in the description any way to input new routes to be read back to me. How do I go about, inputting new route information into the app, and have it display (or give voice) turn by turn navigation.

Thanks

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Map My Ride has worked fine for me but yes, its ratings are low and they do seem to have forgotten about the app with anything new.

Cyclometer I'm pretty sure doesn't have a way to create or import routes. My apologies, I didn't think about that.

Another app, I have not tried, that has been mentioned before is Marathon. It does have the ability to import routes but as far as voice I'm not sure.

Another option that you could try is the Here Drive+ app and setup My Commute. I know its not a cycling app but for the options you are looking for, this would be ideal.

Bob_M

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to put my Windows Phone app as another option for tracking and upload directly to the site Strava.com totally free.

Cyclers
Cyclers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Cheers,

Kleber Alves

Hi Kleber:

I see a bunch of GPS tracking apps now in the store. In general, can one be more accurate at tracking than another or is everyone using a common toolkit? What was your goals when creating the app? Thanks Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo