Change Microsoft Account Password for Windows Phone 8.0,8.1

badmuthahubbard

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, that's kind of a non-answer. My Windows phone is refusing to let me access the store, but also not offering any option to change my password. It just tells me my password has expired and I should change it on the website. I've done that, but the phone doesn't want to know the new password.
Let's keep the internet free of non-answers. Someone else will have this problem and do a search. Can anyone suggest a way to actually change my Microsoft account password in my phone, rather than just waiting for the phone to "at some point" ask me for it?

Thanks!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The answers was good enough for the OP because he did not ask again.
But which phone you have and which OS. Is your date en time correct and is it not on auto. Did you try to sync your Microsoft account. Do you get failure codes and if so which ones.

badmuthahubbard

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I found a solution, thanks:
(link to a post on this website not allowed by this website)
The date and time had been set arbitrarily at some point during all the headache with this phone. I set them correctly and it asked for my password. Perfectly logical!!! (not)

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure but if you change your password of Microsoft account you will not be able to use the store . So for that you have to wait till it ask for the password or else reset the phone again enter the details of your Microsoft account and you will be able to access the store and etc...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I found a solution, thanks:
(link to a post on this website not allowed by this website)
The date and time had been set arbitrarily at some point during all the headache with this phone. I set them correctly and it asked for my password. Perfectly logical!!! (not)

Thanks for the feedback. If you do a soft reset the phone's date goes back to the date of the latest OS update. Only if you have time and date set to automatically and your netwerk support this function the date and time will be again set to the current date and time. Otherwise you have to do it manual.
So PERFECTLY LOGICAL.

Juliangelus

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
If you go into the store on your phone and download anything it will ask for the new password. That's the only way I found to reset it on my windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs