Hibernation for Windows phone 📱??

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I wanted to know what do you think of Microsoft announced a phone hibernation feature for hmm lets say Windows phone 8.2?
Would you like this feature or not?

Personally I think it will be great for example when the battery 🔋 is 5% it will hibernate the OS until recharge so you will resume what you were doing.

Tell me what you think guys

Thank you all

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I will use battery saver mode :wink: hibernation on phone umm I don't get it why one need hibernation (this will require lot of ram/memory and power to store the current state of the phone )

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It will likely take as much storage as RAM in the phone which could potentially pose a problem, but if that's an option, it could be a really good idea. I remember wishing my iPod touch would save its state back when I had it.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I will use battery saver mode :wink: hibernation on phone umm I don't get it why one need hibernation (this will require lot of ram/memory and power to store the current state of the phone )
Hibernation most likely works by saving what is currently in the RAM onto the system memory.

In this case, you'll need storage space more than the RAM capacity to take advantage of this. Since Windows Phone suspends apps anyway, hibernation may be a good option as well, since some people have work to finish.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Windows OS in general reserves space on the disk that is equal to the size of the ram or slightly more.
However I think that such feature can be enabled to phones with 16 GB or 32 GB of storage space

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs