Hi guys, I wanted to know what do you think of Microsoft announced a phone hibernation feature for hmm lets say Windows phone 8.2?
    Would you like this feature or not?

Personally I think it will be great for example when the battery ๐Ÿ”‹ is 5% it will hibernate the OS until recharge so you will resume what you were doing.

Tell me what you think guys

Thank you all
    04-23-2014 11:13 PM
    I will use battery saver mode hibernation on phone umm I don't get it why one need hibernation (this will require lot of ram/memory and power to store the current state of the phone )
    04-23-2014 11:28 PM
    I actually find that this is a good idea, especially for the phones with weaker batteries out there. Too many times have I plugged my phone in the moment it powers off on me. C'est la vie.

Now that I think about it, you could've posted here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ost-8-2-a.html
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-23-2014 11:28 PM
    It will likely take as much storage as RAM in the phone which could potentially pose a problem, but if that's an option, it could be a really good idea. I remember wishing my iPod touch would save its state back when I had it.
    04-23-2014 11:29 PM
    I will use battery saver mode hibernation on phone umm I don't get it why one need hibernation (this will require lot of ram/memory and power to store the current state of the phone )
    Hibernation most likely works by saving what is currently in the RAM onto the system memory.

In this case, you'll need storage space more than the RAM capacity to take advantage of this. Since Windows Phone suspends apps anyway, hibernation may be a good option as well, since some people have work to finish.
    04-23-2014 11:31 PM
    Windows OS in general reserves space on the disk that is equal to the size of the ram or slightly more.
    However I think that such feature can be enabled to phones with 16 GB or 32 GB of storage space
    04-24-2014 12:19 AM