Gave a customer a loaner phone which happened to be the Lumia 521, in order to get their contacts over from their android I had to use the transfer my data app. Well the app needed to be updated to be used but they don't have a Microsoft account so to make things go smooth I just logged into my updated the app pulled their contacts over and sent them on their way. Well now I have their contacts on my 925 and I'm sure they have mine. What's the easiest way to put it back to normal please and thank you!
    04-24-2014 01:28 PM
    I think in this situation it would have been ideal for you to set them up with a new MS account as I think the contacts bind to Outlook, but I can understand why you didn't.

As far as your 925 is concerned, you can go to the People hub and delete the extra contact from there or go to People.live.com and remove their contacts from your list, this will sync with your phone.

As far as your customer is concerned, you'd have to make sure that when you do get them logged into an MS account the contacts you transferred are still there and then they can go to the same place (or maybe even deleting them straight from your phone would work) and remove your contacts.
    Meagey likes this.
    04-24-2014 01:37 PM
    depends on how they got the contacts and how the contents are stored, if their account is linked to their phone you are in a bit of trouble. You would need to either disable your account or get them to come back in, and make sure their phone has its own account and not yours.
    04-24-2014 02:33 PM
    I think in this situation it would have been ideal for you to set them up with a new MS account as I think the contacts bind to Outlook, but I can understand why you didn't.

As far as your 925 is concerned, you can go to the People hub and delete the extra contact from there or go to People.live.com and remove their contacts from your list, this will sync with your phone.

As far as your customer is concerned, you'd have to make sure that when you do get them logged into an MS account the contacts you transferred are still there and then they can go to the same place (or maybe even deleting them straight from your phone would work) and remove your contacts.
    Pretty much what I expected, didn't know about people.live.com though that should def help. Thank you!
    04-24-2014 02:48 PM