Windows key as notification light

gaofeng_83

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I would love to have that "windows" button work as a notification light. Does Microsoft actually read our posts?
Also can we please have a notification icon on peek screen?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
We do get notifications on glance, don't we? Yes, I always thought the same about the start screen button! It would be just like the LED on BlackBerry.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
First: Not everybody uses glance. Some ppl care about their battery life :)
Second: I think the keys are powered by the same single LED, so you can't just light up the windows button...

akashpats

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
no, you can light up every single button(back, start and search). I tried it on my Lumia 720 using some kind of Nokia Flashing tool (i don't remember it's name) under hardware test.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Second: I think the keys are powered by the same single LED, so you can't just light up the windows button...
Lots of folks use it I think. Glance has very little negative effect on battery life, my battery life is outstanding using peek glance.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my Nokia Lumia 925, the battery was flat. When I attached the charging cable, the windows key flashed on its own for about 5 minutes; then the phone powered on.

More info on this : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...on-lumia/ea9ffc43-7cf1-4d1b-9d5e-6b8870be4dfb

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well when the phone is dead and you plug it in at first, I think that only the Windows key flashes for a couple of minutes so I think it would work. Please MS provide this feature!!!!

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Lots of folks use it I think. Glance has very little negative effect on battery life, my battery life is outstanding using peek glance.

I don't use peek, but I tried glance for weeks to see any impact on battery life. Little to none. Just uncovering the screen to show notifications on a low energy profile consumes WAY LESS battery than actually turning all of the phone's funcionalities (when you turn the screen on, everything turned off by the system to save battery is turned on) plus full screen brightness.

gaofeng_83

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
We do get notifications on glance, don't we? Yes, I always thought the same about the start screen button! It would be just like the LED on BlackBerry.

Hi, i meant the new notification centre notification we now get on info bar on top rather than the 5 notifications from the 5 apps, so we know if there's anything going on besides the 5 apps we care the most. and mmaybe ms can increase from 5 apps to 10 apps, two rows of notifications? Would be more convenient.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd like this too. What i was really hoping for eventually was a multi-coloured led under the Windows Flag for custom colour Notifications, but with the move to software Buttons this is probably never going to happen.

Glance is great, but tiny static Icons aren't the best when you want something to catch your eye a bit more.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That would be sweet, but I know Nokia at least is looking to discontinue the hardware buttons entirely. And now that Microsoft owns Nokia, I doubt it's gonna happen. If it does, it would be something that the manufacturer would bake into their firmware. Get on this, HTC. ;)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That would be sweet, but I know Nokia at least is looking to discontinue the hardware buttons entirely. And now that Microsoft owns Nokia, I doubt it's gonna happen.
I thought it was Microsoft that insisted on eliminating the requirement for buttons so phone makers could produce Windows phones with less changes from their existing Android phones.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was Microsoft that insisted on eliminating the requirement for buttons so phone makers could produce Windows phones with less changes from their existing Android phones.

Yup. I just used Nokia because their new line is the only one that is proven to not have the buttons anymore.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I wanna use the Windows key as double tap to wake (instead of the entire screen). IMHO, the battery will be much better than the current double tap to wake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos