Installed Preview for developer and my phone is dead

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Today finally I made up my mind to upgrade my Lumia 1320 running WP8 to the WP8.1 Dev preview. I did the following steps :

1) Hard reset
2) Registered my id on app studio
3) Installed Preview for Developers and logged in.
4) Soft reset

And now my phone is dead. When I press the on button, its shows Nokia, then a blue screen and shuts down. I haven't even got a chance to install WP8,1 dev preview. Has anyone else faced this problem ? Please help I'm really worried. :(

Last edited:

Maurice Alexander

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Urgent Help !! Installed Preview for developer and my phone is dead

Download the Nokia Recovery Software (Bing it) and follow the steps. That does this app (desktop) is recover a dead or bricked phone. Best of luck mate!

Maurice Alexander

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

PS: make sure you have a fast internet connection, because the app will require to download the whole Windows Phone OS and that's about 1.5 GBs

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Any idea what could be the cause? How did the phone go dead all of a sudden I'm shocked ! Also is that tool u mentioned available for India region ? Or do you suggest I take it to the Nokia Care center and ask them to do it for me ?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I was reading around the internet and to my good luck I found this :

If you can't access your phone's Settings page:

1. Turn off your phone.
2. Turn on your phone again by pressing the volume down button until you see the exclamation mark !.
3. Then, reset the phone by pressing the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.
4. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the process to complete.)

It fixed up the problem and my phone has started again. :)

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I was reading around the internet and to my good luck I found this :

If you can't access your phone's Settings page:

1. Turn off your phone.
2. Turn on your phone again by pressing the volume down button until you see the exclamation mark !.
3. Then, reset the phone by pressing the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.
4. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the process to complete.)

It fixed up the problem and my phone has started again. :)
Everytime you post a question, you are the first one to find the solution. Cool, i like people like you who also look solutions on their own unlike some peoples who lie down on their bed and asks a question and do nothing on their own, and post "anybody here to answer" after 10 minutes.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Thank goodness it worked and now my phone is back to normal. Actually I repeated the same steps I did earlier and this time nothing happened. No idea how my phone got screwed up the first time.
Currently downloading Dev Preview 8.1 Hope everything goes well. :excited:

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank goodness it worked and now my phone is back to normal. Actually I repeated the same steps I did earlier and this time nothing happened. No idea how my phone got screwed up the first time.
Currently downloading Dev Preview 8.1 Hope everything goes well. :excited:
I think due to reset, it happened. And why did you hard reseted your phone, you only need 670 MB in order to install it. And there was no need to reset your phone, both hard reset and soft reset.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs