How to see 'my apps' in windows store?

gameson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ok, i m a newb, just got 520. a bit background, i own iOS, BB10, Android, and all 3 OS have 'my apps' which i can see and update apps all at once.

i tried to see this 'my apps' in my 520 store, but i can not find it.

i looked here, no guide

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...tos/268132-beginners-guide-windows-phone.html

the way i update my app now is to manually go to each app page and click update.

is that how you do it in windows 8?? i already update the OS to the latest update (not 8.1 since 8.1 is developer only).

Thanks.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
In WP 8, App updates will show up on the store tile if you pin it to the start screen. Also, if its not pinned, it shows updates available when you open the store.

"My apps" is available in the store if you have the wp 8.1 developer preview. Signing up as a developr is free. Register with Microsoft App Studio Beta using the Microsoft account which you use on your phone, then download the Preview For Developers app on your phoen and sign in with the same Microsoft account. You can then get the 8.1 preview.

In WP 8.1, you can choose to let apps update automatically, and there is a My Apps section.

gameson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the quick response. i do not want to download 8.1 unless it's officially for public use (no hoops to go through).

so from what you are saying, i have to pin every single of my apps to live tile just to see if there is any updates?

i have HERE maps on live tile, but i do not see update available. i have to manually go to store, find HERE app page and click update

oh, in windows store, where / how i can see 'updates available'? because i do not see 'updates available' when i go to store. I just literally got the phone an hour ago, play around with it, go to store, and i have to manually type each app just to get update....

​Thanks

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the quick response. i do not want to download 8.1 unless it's officially for public use (no hoops to go through).

so from what you are saying, i have to pin every single of my apps to live tile just to see if there is any updates?

i have HERE maps on live tile, but i do not see update available. i have to manually go to store, find HERE app page and click update

oh, in windows store, where / how i can see 'updates available'? because i do not see 'updates available' when i go to store. I just literally got the phone an hour ago, play around with it, go to store, and i have to manually type each app just to get update....

​Thanks

you don't have to pin all your app, just pin the Store. e.g. If 3 updates are available, the number will show up on the Store tile.
The store checks for updates once a day and displays the number of available updates on the pinned tile. Since you got the phone an hour ago, be patient, updates will show up when the phone checks for them.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Pin your Store tile to your start screen. The phone checks for updates once every 24 hours, and you will see a count on your store tile when updates are available.

This all will change with WP 8.1, and it should be available in June.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa