iOS to WP 8 with MacBook

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,I've convinced my mom to get a shiny new Nokia Lumia 1520 after her iPhone 5. She's made the switch yesterday and is still facing done issues regarding the syncing of her contacts and calendar. I've never used an Apple device so I'm kinda lost here. I don't want to install the 8.1 preview for her because it's not perfect yet and it's probably best for her to get to know the OS working well.Does anyone have any tips on how to sync your calendar and contacts? She would like then to sync with her MacBook, so it's not just an effort we're looking for but a full sync back and forth.Thanks :)

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
This tip is for people converting from Apple / iOS world to WP 8.1
WP will install me.com and iCloud.com emails (where iOS users store contacts, calendars etc.)
After you install the email address, go back into accounts, bring up menu and you will have an option to sync Contacts from the iCloud.
Easy contact import for switchers. Enjoy.

Tip 2: You can import Gmail contacts (if you are an android user) to outlook.com email, then it will sync all your android contacts automatically.

[INFO]Somebody else on another forum shared this info, so I will later be able to provide you detailed info about how to do it. Or you may PM him here, http://forums.windowscentral.com/member.php?u=274168[/INFO]

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll try it out later, it's a bit difficult because I just moved to Canada and my mom - and her phone - are in the Netherlands, so hopefully wel be able to make it work over Skype /:p

/edit: no luck :( Me.com only syncs email, no calendar or contacts

Last edited:

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

hamilez

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
My iCloud calendar doesn't sync correctly with my Lumia 1520 calendar (WP 8.1) it's 2 hours later than on my mac..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05