Question about important contacts from Outlook to phone.

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

After a year of using Windows Phone, I've finally decided to cleanup my contact list of all the Google contacts (because the contact pics are just ****ty thumbnails that stretch).

Steps taken:

1) Desync from Google / Facebook
2) Import all contacts from Google to Outlook.com's contacts (aka People)

Now when I do this, it lists all of my contacts once but are in fact linked to themselves from Hotmail. So when I try to set a contact photo, it asks me which hotmail link I want to set it to.

Now if I delete all my contacts from Outlook, they're still on my phone listed as a hotmail contact, but I have no access to them via outlook.com if I want to edit them.
BUT if I manually create a contact on my phone, it'll appear on Outlook (but the picture won't show).

Two questions...How do I sync my contacts from Outlook without them linking, and is it possible to have a picture set for my contact on my Lumia 1020 and for it to show on Outlook as well?

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
roflmao...

Seems like the only way to sync them was to delete every contact entirely then import my contacts into Outlook again.

Contact pics I set on my phone don't show up on Outlook though; that's annoying.

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Great!!! So now I have another issue...

Seems like on the people hud everything is normal, but when I go into my contact list on the phone app itself, it doubles some people as SIM contacts...

This is absolutely driving me absolutely effin bonkers at this point. I love WP, but it makes it incredibly difficult to do the SIMPLEST thing a smart phone should do: TO PUT IN YOUR EFFIN CONTACTS.

Pardon me if I'm getting a little frustrated, but this is absolute **** in my opinion. Anyone have any suggestions?
-Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb