lumia 525 heating up

null_megh

May 5, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 525 heats up a lot while streaming videos,gamming,maps etc.it even heats a little bit while its getting charged.it heats near the camera.is this normal for all lumia 525s or my phone is defective.i have done a hard reset and now even heats up more.please help me:crying:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
All Lumias heat up as do all smartphones. It's normal. Especially doing what you're doing.

If you have any concerns you can try a soft reset and see if it has any effect on your device.

Soft reset -> Hold volume down and power button until phone vibrates. Phone will restart. This doesn't delete files, it's similar to a battery pull. You may need to reset your date and time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Lumias are known to hear up. You could always try a hard reset but I don't think that will help much.

Yes they also heat up while charging.

Last edited:

MAHENDRA KULKARNI

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Recently, I have upgraded my Lumia 525 to Windows 8.1. My phone get heated when I connect to the 3G network. My ISP is IDEA. However If I connect thru Wi-Fi, phone doesn't get heated. Can anybody give me solution for this?

Thanks
Mahendra

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 525 heats up a lot while streaming videos,gamming,maps etc.it even heats a little bit while its getting charged.it heats near the camera.is this normal for all lumia 525s or my phone is defective.i have done a hard reset and now even heats up more.please help me:crying:
I have a Lumia 525 and its normal if it gets heated up. Heating depends upon many factors like playing high end games that use intensive graphics or streaming videos etc. It usually does not get warmed up while charging. Another reason could be the background tasks. If you exit from games or some streaming sites without closing the app/game, those will run in background and consume your battery as well as memory resources. You need to make sure all apps/games are fully closed and see if it gets heated up while charging then (I hope it wont). Other than that, heating up of a Lumia device is pretty normal ;-)

Neelim Shyam

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Recently, I have upgraded my Lumia 525 to Windows 8.1. My phone get heated when I connect to the 3G network. My ISP is IDEA. However If I connect thru Wi-Fi, phone doesn't get heated. Can anybody give me solution for this?

Thanks
Mahendra
Yeah.. On surfing on 3g it heats up.. It is normal.. Dude it is not a phone.. A small pc.. Pc gets heat, lumias also get heat.. :)

MAHENDRA KULKARNI

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Neelim... But my second question is unanswered...Why it didn't get heat up when I connect network thru wi-fi? When I bought this phone, OS was 8.0 and it was never got heat up. So what I feel is it a real problem of win8.1 and 3G?

MAHENDRA KULKARNI

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Neelim... But my second question is unanswered...Why it didn't get heat up when I connect network thru wi-fi? When I bought this phone, OS was 8.0 and it was never got heat up. So what I feel is it a real problem of win8.1 and 3G? Do I need to rollback to 8.0? Please advise.
Thanks

shreyas24

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. Cellular data involves much upload and download of signals. And if you are with a good network like idea, it may involve more of it.. So your phone will heat less on wifi as compared to 2g or 3g

MAHENDRA KULKARNI

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for the information. One more thing I did yesterday. I read somewhere, if we change the network selection mode from "Automatic" to "Manual" and select the network manually, it doesn't get heated and the battery consumtion also reduces by 2%. So I did it and belive me It's not geting heated. To test it, I have kept my 3G network on and continously work on different applications, it's working.
Thank you all for your help.
Mahendra.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for the information. One more thing I did yesterday. I read somewhere, if we change the network selection mode from "Automatic" to "Manual" and select the network manually, it doesn't get heated and the battery consumtion also reduces by 2%. So I did it and belive me It's not geting heated. To test it, I have kept my 3G network on and continously work on different applications, it's working.
Thank you all for your help.
Mahendra.

Strange! It does not make sense but great to know that it resolved your issue :)

MAHENDRA KULKARNI

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Kashinath,
the best headset is of Samsung S Duos, It's fantastic. Only thing is you have to purchase original one-White. That's the only headset best for Lumis 525.

Thanks,
Mahendra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro