bluetooth question

Rob1520

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Quick question:

How come, when I turn on my wireless bluetooth speaker the device (L1520 running 8.1) almost instantly pairs.

while i'm in my car it takes up to 5-10 mintues to auto-connect to my carkit (parrot parrot mki9100) also it's asks me if i want to go to car-mode.

both devices are marked as "auto connect"

I also had this issue on my HTC 8X and i think it started after update GDR3 before that my HTC 8X almost instantly paired.

Boris Alexandrov

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Quick question:

How come, when I turn on my wireless bluetooth speaker the device (L1520 running 8.1) almost instantly pairs.

while i'm in my car it takes up to 5-10 mintues to auto-connect to my carkit (parrot parrot mki9100) also it's asks me if i want to go to car-mode.

both devices are marked as "auto connect"

I also had this issue on my HTC 8X and i think it started after update GDR3 before that my HTC 8X almost instantly paired.

I'm not an expert but all bluetooth devices have different commands range: some are more difficult (i.e. carkits), some are less (i.e. speakers).
Also, various devices use different BT protocols: v. 1, v. 2, v. 3.

I would guess that various BT protocol versions is the reason. Hope this helps.

Rob1520

May 7, 2014
Visit site
A good update on this matter!

The bluetooth carkit had about 10 types of devices stored in it's memory. (8 of them WP8 devices) I did a soft reset and removed all the devices and updated the firmware to 2.2

Now the carkit + my lumia 1520 are paired almost instantly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss