Complaint about update notifications on the Store tile

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Is the Store really the best place for software update notifications? I turned off automatic software updates but I wanted to be notified when they're available. There was no indication of how I'd be notified, but trusted the software to notify me. By accident, as I was playing with the phone, I noticed there were many updates for important things like Settings that were listed when I opened the Store. I had seen a number on the Store tile for days but I thought that was the number of new apps or something for sale. I wanted to be notified by something like a text message or pop-up, not by a number on the Store tile. I'm pretty sure I opened some of the programs that needed updating and saw no notification there either.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
In 8.1 you get a toast notification plus it goes to your action centre. If I recall it will say something along the lines "5 apps need your attention" i don't let my phone just download them i like to see what apps are being updated and if i can read the changelog before.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Is the Store really the best place for software update notifications? I turned off automatic software updates but I wanted to be notified when they're available. There was no indication of how I'd be notified, but trusted the software to notify me. By accident, as I was playing with the phone, I noticed there were many updates for important things like Settings that were listed when I opened the Store. I had seen a number on the Store tile for days but I thought that was the number of new apps or something for sale. I wanted to be notified by something like a text message or pop-up, not by a number on the Store tile. I'm pretty sure I opened some of the programs that needed updating and saw no notification there either.
See in settings->notification+actions.
In it check whether notifications for store is on and banner is also tick 😊

P.s:this is currently not possible in WP8 but from WP8.1 onwards you will get notifications for app updates sorry my bad didn't read it properly.

Last edited:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a valid complaint. The OP made an assumption, and it was a wrong assumption. That's all. The Store would be the logical place to show updates, and if OP had bothered opening the Store, he would have seen there were app updates available.

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hasn't ANYONE saw that, when you have updates, open the Store and saw a number inside a theme-colored box on the upper-right?!? 😐

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs