Is the Store really the best place for software update notifications? I turned off automatic software updates but I wanted to be notified when they're available. There was no indication of how I'd be notified, but trusted the software to notify me. By accident, as I was playing with the phone, I noticed there were many updates for important things like Settings that were listed when I opened the Store. I had seen a number on the Store tile for days but I thought that was the number of new apps or something for sale. I wanted to be notified by something like a text message or pop-up, not by a number on the Store tile. I'm pretty sure I opened some of the programs that needed updating and saw no notification there either.
    05-11-2014 02:09 AM
    In 8.1 you get a toast notification plus it goes to your action centre. If I recall it will say something along the lines "5 apps need your attention" i don't let my phone just download them i like to see what apps are being updated and if i can read the changelog before.
    05-11-2014 02:14 AM
    Is the Store really the best place for software update notifications? I turned off automatic software updates but I wanted to be notified when they're available. There was no indication of how I'd be notified, but trusted the software to notify me. By accident, as I was playing with the phone, I noticed there were many updates for important things like Settings that were listed when I opened the Store. I had seen a number on the Store tile for days but I thought that was the number of new apps or something for sale. I wanted to be notified by something like a text message or pop-up, not by a number on the Store tile. I'm pretty sure I opened some of the programs that needed updating and saw no notification there either.
    See in settings->notification+actions.
    In it check whether notifications for store is on and banner is also tick ๐Ÿ˜Š

P.s:this is currently not possible in WP8 but from WP8.1 onwards you will get notifications for app updates sorry my bad didn't read it properly.
    Last edited by Skyrocker007; 05-11-2014 at 02:37 AM.
    05-11-2014 02:24 AM
    See in settings->notification+actions.
    In it check whether notifications for store is on and banner is also tick
    But OP posted this in windows phone 8 forums
    05-11-2014 02:28 AM
    But OP posted this in windows phone 8 forums
    I thought op was having WP8.1 ๐Ÿ˜Š
    My bad sorry didn't read it properly
    05-11-2014 02:33 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a valid complaint. The OP made an assumption, and it was a wrong assumption. That's all. The Store would be the logical place to show updates, and if OP had bothered opening the Store, he would have seen there were app updates available.
    05-11-2014 02:39 AM
    Hasn't ANYONE saw that, when you have updates, open the Store and saw a number inside a theme-colored box on the upper-right?!? ๐Ÿ˜
    05-11-2014 02:52 AM