Battery draining too quickly

Satish Dhondale

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am using Lumia 525 (bought on beginning of Feb) and I have installed with many apps and games. The battery is getting drained very quickly and I am not even getting 24 hr after full charge.

I found that around night 11 o'clock the remaining percentage of battery was 47% left and I saw in the morning 7 o'clock it was just 6% left.

I am not able to find the reason for this, even i had switched off the wifi, Bluetooth and Mobile data at this time. And battery saver was switched on. In the background task only two applications were running(whatsup and awesome lock app).

Note: When I switch to flight mode it drained only 2% in more than 8 hours.

Please help me to find the problem as my battery is good which I found by using the flight mode.

Regards,
Satish

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a network issue , if you don't get enough signals strength, try to use flight mode as phone continuously search for network resulting in battery drain. You may also set phone signals to 2G.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to find the reason for this, even i had switched off the wifi, Bluetooth and Mobile data at this time. And battery saver was switched on. In the background task only two applications were running(whatsup and awesome lock app).

Uninstall WhatsApp and see if that stops the battery drain. WhatsApp on Windows Phone has often been the cause of battery issues.

Other than that, I would uninstall all and any apps that 'sync' with servers in any way or use your location data, and then reinstall them one by one, checking for battery drain each time. Given that flight mode fixes your issue it's likely that the excessive battery drain is caused by one or more of the many apps you've installed either trying to "phoning home" excessively to sync or to update location data too often. Or it could just be that one of the apps you've installed is particularly poorly written and keeps the phone awake all the time. Either way, it's likely to be an app issue, so get rid of the apps and then install one, test, repeat until you've found the culprit.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre