Will you stay on Windows Phone 8?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Well im happy for you then. But the loading time of apps is more the issue that I mean, raw processing power. Also when using the back button I notice the OS studder when returing to start screen so the OS is not lag free. Fuse is a app like that for instance.

I do not notice any stutter when returning to the start screen, its lag free for me. I did a hard reset with no backup restore so maybe that helps out?..

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I do not notice any stutter when returning to the start screen, its lag free for me. I did a hard reset with no backup restore so maybe that helps out?..
Maybe, i think i used the backup, not sure. Its not happening with all apps so it may be app optimizations needed and its all good.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I can not imagine going back to 8.

I am having signal issues making talking on the phone an annoyance as I am constantly dropping calls now and having issues being heard....

even with those issues, I can not imagine using 8;

I was using my mom's 1020 yesterday and I was like "Girl, you are so 2013" LOL she didn't get it xD

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Updated my 920 on the day 8.1 preview was released. I had been vying for a notification centre for soo long and cant imagine life without it. Live tiles only serve as a notification centre if you are a glued to your phone's screen 24/7. Lets face it, no one is that person.. I mean if you take a shower whilst using your phone - you definitely need help :p.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
No but about 100 soft resets......cant trust 8.1 s back up capabilities to do hard resets. But 100 soft reset should equal to at least I hard reset

I wouldn't say that, a clean hard reset cannot be compared to a soft reset at all....even if you restore from a backup.

Terry Mohn

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Unless Windows Phone/Nokia 928 come up with a video player that allows viewing webcams my WP8 is going into the trash! Why windows blocks the use of java and flash is mind boggling...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why windows blocks the use of java and flash is mind boggling...

No it isn't. Both have security and performance issues. flash is so bad these days it's not even official supported on any mobile devices. You're better off asking why web designers don't start working in the modern world and use HTML5.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Unless Windows Phone/Nokia 928 come up with a video player that allows viewing webcams my WP8 is going into the trash! Why windows blocks the use of java and flash is mind boggling...
Adobe does not support Flash on Windows Phone; Apple does not support Flash on IOS (phones or tablets). Android KINDA let you use Flash (no updates for a while AFAIK).

Flash is a no-go for mobile. Native video and HTML5 for non-video animations are the future.

As noted by others, Java is a horrendous security issue. . .

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The problem with Flash support is MS are not consistent. So Flash is a security risk? Really? So why, then, does MS bake it in to IE on a 7 inch tablet and claim it's more secure than ever and yet if you want to reduce the device screen size to 6 inches suddenly there's a security risk? If MS would just take a moment to explain why one inch less leads to security issues then perhaps the confusion might be mitigated.

Thank goodness Flash isn't on the sub 5 inch devices. They'd probably be so unsafe you'd fear them blowing up in your hands.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The problem with Flash support is MS are not consistent. So Flash is a security risk? Really? So why, then, does MS bake it in to IE on a 7 inch tablet and claim it's more secure than ever and yet if you want to reduce the screen size to 6 inches suddenly there's a security risk? If MS would just take a moment to explain why one inch less leads to security issues then perhaps the confusion might be mitigated.

Your comparing a mobile OS to a full OS.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm absolutely staying on Windows Phone in general. I'm hoping to move from 7.5 to 8.1 soon, and I don't think I'm ever going to switch to Android or iOS ever-ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster