How did Outlook 2 get there?

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I noticed an "Outlook 2" under my "Outlook" in my app list (or whatever the list is called). It was even on my start screen before I removed it but I can't delete it from the list. Why is it there and how to I remove it? It works identically to "Outlook" as far as I can tell.

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I totally missed the "email + accounts". It says I have an Outlook account and a "Microsoft account 2" that's synced to Email and my user name is my Outlook email address and my password is probably my Outlook password. It's a Hotmail server. I don't want my Outlook email sent to Hotmail. Email can be intercepted in transit from one server to another. Being stored on an extra server also increases the chances of hacking. Hopefully I can remove this account and still access my email on my cell phone.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The Microsoft account shold be the email address you entered when you set the phone up (it is on my Lumia 620 at least. Outlook.com used to be known as Hotmail, so they are one in the same - navigating to hotmail.co.uk for example, just takes you to outlook.com .

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I just checked the header of my Outlook email and it shows a Hotmail server. I just put a fake server name on my "Microsoft account 2" account and now there's only one Outlook listing and I can still manually sync new mail. IDK...maybe I'll put things back the way they were.

Last edited:

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried to put the original server in the server field by using the Hotmail server in the header of one of my emails but it didn't work. Maybe I'll settle for how it is now and see what happens with the 8.1 update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa