Cant install Asphalt 8 with 4+GB free

Haseeb Shah

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried getting asphalt 8 on my lumia 1320 with 1.4 gb free from SD card. It gave some error. Freed up 2.5 gb and still giving error.
So I did soft reset,hard reset, soft reset again my phone and tried installing it again from SD with like 4.10 Gb space. It still gives error, something like "Installation failed due to some reason. If your phone isn't updated please update it and try again."
My phone is up to date and other apps install just fine.
XAP is also not outdated, I downloaded it today.SD card is fine too. Installed 4-5 apps from it before. But for asphalt, the installation bar stops at like 2-3rd and gives error.

Anyway to fix this?

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried getting asphalt 8 on my lumia 1320 with 1.4 gb free from SD card. It gave some error. Freed up 2.5 gb and still giving error.
So I did soft reset,hard reset, soft reset again my phone and tried installing it again from SD with like 4.10 Gb space. It still gives error, something like "Installation failed due to some reason. If your phone isn't updated please update it and try again."
My phone is up to date and other apps install just fine.
XAP is also not outdated, I downloaded it today.SD card is fine too. Installed 4-5 apps from it before. But for asphalt, the installation bar stops at like 2-3rd and gives error.

Anyway to fix this?

Try the installation from WindowsPhone.com from your computer to your phone.
They usually let you install games with the exact space needed.

Haseeb Shah

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Try the installation from WindowsPhone.com from your computer to your phone.
They usually let you install games with the exact space needed.

Thanks for the tip. Trying it now. Its gonna take days to download this file on phone directly as connection is slow.

And I'm now using a phone with 0 apps installed ��

Also, what may happen if I hard reset again and don't restore my backup? Will I lose my app purchases? What may I recover after signing in with my Microsoft account?

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Trying it now. Its gonna take days to download this file on phone directly as connection is slow.

And I'm now using a phone with 0 apps installed ��

Also, what may happen if I hard reset again and don't restore my backup? Will I lose my app purchases? What may I recover after signing in with my Microsoft account?

You should be able to install all the apps you purchased as long as you sign in with the account you bought them with. And I think the text messages you backed up also come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo