Frustration with Authenticator and WP8 app switching

Krypticide

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, new WP user here testing out with a Lumia 520 (my other two phones are iPhone 5 and 5S). Running into some frustration using Authenticator app, hoping one of you experts has an answer: every time I try to do a 2-step authentication, after switching to the Authenticator app and back, I have to relogin!

This is what happens:

1) Login with username and password
2) Prompt for security code comes up
3) Switch to Authenticator app
4) Switch back to app to input code
5) App "reloads" and brings me back to the first login page with username and password!

This doesn't happen on the iPhone. Any help?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it only happens with a few stupid apps. most apps stay on the code screen when you switch back. unfortunately in this case the only solution is to try to memorize the code and then reenter your login as fast as possible.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
it only happens with a few stupid apps. most apps stay on the code screen when you switch back. unfortunately in this case the only solution is to try to memorize the code and then reenter your login as fast as possible.

I think he's referring to the browser tab reloading, which is definitely a known issue.

Krypticide

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, at least it's nice to know it's more an app issue than a limitation of WP8's app switching. I got particularly frustrated trying to sign in to Foursquare using Facebook...

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah even copying and pasting the code doesn't help, it switches out before pasting. So frustrating.

*Should* not be such an issue in 8.1 from what i've read.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786