Duplication of audio files

Priyanshu Saxena

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have seen that some songs in my music player get duplicated upto 15-20 times. The worst part is tgatghey are treated as separate files by the music player, and the same song keeps on repeating upto the nunber of times ewual to duplications. What. To do!

Priyanshu Saxena

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I am not an 8.1 user, so Xbox Music option gets ruled out. Have tried the sd card formatting option, didnt work! Any other way?
P.S. Right now, I have a song in my playlist which has 32 replicas! Imagine!! 32!! :(

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am not an 8.1 user, so Xbox Music option gets ruled out. Have tried the sd card formatting option, didnt work! Any other way?
P.S. Right now, I have a song in my playlist which has 32 replicas! Imagine!! 32!! :(

The duplicates issue has plagued me since I first bought my Lumia 720 a year or so ago. So far I have not found a satisfactory resolution to the bug, but my solution to the issue was to move back to Android. I have resurrected the 720 after each update to see if the issue has be resolved, but it's still happening for me on the Black update. I haven't tried 8.1, but will do so when it's officially released.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It also happens on 8.1 but only the songs downloaded from my phone get duplicated, it doesn't happen with songs transferred with PC though, but it still sucks that it happens at all

Priyanshu Saxena

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it really does! Though, I used MoliPlayer on a trial basis. In that software, it doesn't happen at all! But I find it a tad slower than the original 'Music+Videos'.
I love wp. I am a big fan. But sometimes I just feel we cant ignore everything. I mean, seeing such bugs, not being corrected in Amber and Black, I now think of trying other platforms! Forget the app store, but wp developers should at least solve these kind of things!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05