Why doesn't Nokia realize...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 630 is not a successor of the 620, it's the successor of the 520. So the 520 is probably the successor of the... Android Nokia. I don't even remember what these are called.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Haven't you all seen the Moto G? It is a budget phone rocking all the good features like quad core CPU, 1 GB of ram, 720p screen etc. Nokia should make a phone with similar specs to compete with android.

have u heard of nokia quality
android phones arent well made in that price range
the 630 lacks only 1gb ram, flash,front cam but its priced cheaper and is certainly better than the cheap feeling moto e for nearly the same price so yeah its a better deal than the moto g which is now owned by lenovo and hence it loses out on quality and service

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I agree but moto g has a great battery life compare to lumia 820.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

dont kid around :p moto g has no dibs on 820s battery life
u seem to have a defective 820 or battery the way u are the only one having such problems dont generalize
ive got both phones here in my hand right now and moto g may be a great android phone but doesnt match up to my 720 and 820 in any way

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
have u heard of nokia quality
android phones arent well made in that price range
the 630 lacks only 1gb ram, flash,front cam but its priced cheaper and is certainly better than the cheap feeling moto e for nearly the same price so yeah its a better deal than the moto g which is now owned by lenovo and hence it loses out on quality and service

Lenovo has a very good reputation.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lenovo has a very good reputation.

not in my country
their service centers are terrible(not terrible for pcs and laptops, only phones and tablets)
their phones are terrible here
tablets have great build but no updates and slow rom(no CM etc roms for most of their devices)

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I agree but moto g has a great battery life compare to lumia 820.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

you have a defective piece, as suggested by Karthik Naik. My dads 820 has really good battery with WiFi, 3g and location turned on all day. And its got better with the 8.1 update. It lasts from 6 am to 11 pm everyday. You need to have your phone checked. And try to determine if you have a rogue app which drains battery.

You have spoken about the 820s battery life on a couple of other threads, and you have got the same response- you have a defective piece, or a rogue app.

Rafael Sol Maker

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 530? Hmm, let me see...

* Dual-core for sure (630 is quad-core), maybe a Snapdragon 400 with Adreno 305;
* Probably 512MB of RAM (630 is 512 too =( )
* ClearBlack? Maybe, maybe...
* Gorilla Glass? No way, it's a budget phone (630 has it! Don't understand Nokia, SERIOUSLY!)
* Screen size about 4.3'', resolution same as 630 (854x480)
* On sreen buttons, no camera dedicated button
* Maybe a frontal camera, but very low-res
* I'm almost sure it will have no flash, but who knows...
* Audio Equalizator must be there, FM Radio and Glance Screen too
* 8MB of internal memory, SD expansion, replaceable cover and battery as praxis

Oh yeah, to be a honest device in this tier of price, some compromises must be made.

The smarphone the people here are waiting is the probably 720's successor. I think this one will have the 5MP front facing camera and all the bells and whistles you guys want.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
same thing man , they wont remove the nokia branding for now, they have a certain period of time to keep using that branding and its the same team of engineers etc so yeah nokia technically still makes phones but under the behind the scenes name of microsoft oyj but front name is gonna be nokia for a while atleast

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I see the point here.

Anyone seen the sales of the L520 series? The entire growth of WP in the past year can be traced back to the little world beater, and forced other manufacturers to pump out cheap phones just to try and stem the tide of WP.

I kinda feel Nokia realized just fine.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure I see the point here.

Anyone seen the sales of the L520 series? The entire growth of WP in the past year can be traced back to the little world beater, and forced other manufacturers to pump out cheap phones just to try and stem the tide of WP.

I kinda feel Nokia realized just fine.

true dat
only annoying thing is the weird names in between- 928,929,icon etc

ks_yeoh

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I think it's safer to place your bet on a Chinese company to give you a flagship phone at budget price (without compromise). Nokia and Microsoft needs bigger margin to pay for manufacturing, marketing, and etc.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I think it's safer to place your bet on a Chinese company to give you a flagship phone at budget price (without compromise). Nokia and Microsoft needs bigger margin to pay for manufacturing, marketing, and etc.

on paper yes but sadly these budget oriented brands dont give support and often have hardware issues which they refuse to fix etc
the best of these companies is micromax and maybe xolo(which tied up with intel and some of their models house intel atoms) but poor support is the main drawback

due to this, id rather change phones less often and get something mid range from a reputed company like nokia,htc,apple,LG etc because they are popular and 3rd party support and parts are available more extensively etc
microsoft and nokia should make more phones like the 520 and 525 instead of letdowns like 630 which is a downgrade from even a 520 imho
it would have been alright if they had priced it even cheaper than 520 or something
only pro is quad core cpu but it supposedly performs worse than the dual core 520

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99