dead pixel what to do

null_megh

May 5, 2014
Visit site
my 525 has 3 three tiny white dead pixels.i have can hardly see them.they dont bother me but at very low light places they are visible but hard to see.i went to nokia care they told me this normal for all phones is that true???? they told they wont replace the screen for 3 tiny dead pixels.but i have seller's replacement should i replace my phone.will the rate of dead pixels increase by time or will it cause serious trouble i m very worried :cry: for it please help

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you see it in middle of the screen? Let me know its exact position. I also have a 525, will let you know if its present in my phone too.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
my 525 has 3 three tiny white dead pixels.i have can hardly see them.they dont bother me but at very low light places they are visible but hard to see.i went to nokia care they told me this normal for all phones is that true???? they told they wont replace the screen for 3 tiny dead pixels.but i have seller's replacement should i replace my phone.will the rate of dead pixels increase by time or will it cause serious trouble i m very worried :cry: for it please help
All models of LCDs will have some samples with dead (always off) and/or hot (always on) pixels. The seller/manufacturer should be able to point you to the how many (if any) there must be before it will be replaced under warranty. For many monitors, you can often fix them by pressing gently on the pixels but on a touch screen there is a layer of glass preventing that.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, dead pixels are a manufacturing issue for which manufacturers have an accepted failure threshold. Three pixels is probably well under that threshold, but 103 dead pixels would be a QA failure (I don't know the numbers, but it gives you the idea).

If you can live with these, then just carry on with your phone - it's unlikely to develop more in future unless you physically damage or stress the screen.

I had one on my 8X for a couple of years which didn't bother me too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss