Help with broken capacitive buttons

olliesub

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a friend whose Lumia 920's capacitive buttons (back and home) do not work. Apart from reseting the phone, are there any software solutions (like on-screen buttons or apps) available? I heard that there would be on-screen buttons on 8.1, but I haven't found much about the topic. Is there a command for Cortana to navigate back to the home screen? Thanks for your help.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section/if this question has come up already)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have they tried the standard troubleshooting fare like a soft reset? (It does not erase data whatsoever - hold down the power and volume down keys until it vibrates)

On-screen keys in 8.1 are for devices who do not have those capacitive buttons to begin with and its unlikely devices who already have the buttons would see the option. Your friend does not have much options software options other than a soft, then hard reset unfortunately.

It could be a hardware problem too, and software fixes and workarounds can only do so much.

olliesub

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I suspect that it's a hardware problem. I guess we'll try out Cortana to see if that's a viable solution. If there are any other workarounds (other than getting the buttons fixed, because that's out of the question :p), please post 'em here. Thanks. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa