App Lock! Need community help to upvote this windows phone feature!

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

We've come very far with the WP environment. Most raw features have been implemented by now.

But we need an 'App Lock' that can toggle individual password protection for apps. Like when we pass our phones to others and dont want them to see out photos, email, texts or whatsapp. I have shared this idea in the windows phone user voice site and really need this community's support to help bring attention to this gap. Please vote for it in the following link:

Application Lock for all apps – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Thanks ^_^

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

We've come very far with the WP environment. Most raw features have been implemented by now.

But we need an 'App Lock' that can toggle individual password protection for apps. Like when we pass our phones to others and dont want them to see out photos, email, texts or whatsapp. I have shared this idea in the windows phone user voice site and really need this community's support to help bring attention to this gap. Please vote for it in the following link:

Thanks ^_^

Voted.....three votes 😊

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I can somewhat appreciate this, but man would it be tough to implement well.
And I'm not sure I want to lock a bunch of apps any time I give my phone to someone. "Hold on one second while I lock this down. Okay, here you go 'friend' ". If I don't trust someone, they're not going anywhere with my phone.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I can somewhat appreciate this, but man would it be tough to implement well.
And I'm not sure I want to lock a bunch of apps any time I give my phone to someone. "Hold on one second while I lock this down. Okay, here you go 'friend' ". If I don't trust someone, they're not going anywhere with my phone.

I understand that completely. but some of us have the pesky sibling/cousin, nosey workmates and curious friends who decide to "look around". and hence for a few things like emails, photos and whatsapp i would apply this app lock so i don't have to worry if they pick the phone and use it. there are always some unfortunate circumstances where the phone ends up in someone's hand you don't want.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. Maybe with this rumored 3d gesture phone they could implement a gesture that would lock a chosen set of apps. Maybe a second gesture locks a different selection of apps. Or what if they allowed a "guest" login that was more fully featured than Kids Corner, but let you selectively lock down apps. Or what if it worked like the locked camera app- they can use some of the functionality but not access stored data or history; make calls, send texts, take photos, surf the web, etc. but all of your personal stuff would be hidden.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I understand that completely. but some of us have the pesky sibling/cousin, nosey workmates and curious friends who decide to "look around". and hence for a few things like emails, photos and whatsapp i would apply this app lock so i don't have to worry if they pick the phone and use it. there are always some unfortunate circumstances where the phone ends up in someone's hand you don't want.
LOL..i'm that guy :p

But sure count me in as well !!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
End of the day, if you have data you don't want other people to see, a) why would you let them look at your phone, and b) why would you have questionable data on there in the first place? Also, if these so called friends have the urge to go poking around within someone else's property, can they truly be called friends?

And if it's at risk from "prying fingers", all you need to do is turn on the SIM lock (ie the PIN) and password the lock screen. Both are built in features.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thanks ^_^

Great idea, but for now I use kids corner as a guest corner!

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This exists, it's called kid's corner.

Activating kid's corner will immediately pinlock the main phone, even if you have it configured to only lock after a certain number of minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss