AIFF Music on Lumia 1520

ericheadlo

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello WP Central,

New here, and I am very intruiged to switch to the nokia lumia 1520. However, the biggest deal breaker for me is the music file compatibility.

I am a DJ and my music library is 80% AIFF format. Unfortunately, it seems the Nokia 1520 is not able to play back natively.

I want to ask you guys if anyone has a app to use to play back aiff formats. I would like to store the music on the micro sd card, and have playlist folders which i can manage from my computer. I have read that Moliplayer is a choice as a media player.

Does Moliplayer allow me to browse and play music similar to the itunes on a iphone?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't have that app but I do have the 1520 and I also do music production. You can drag your library as is onto the 1520 using your computer and windows will convert it (that's what happened when I did it on Windows 7) to work on your 1520. You won't be able to browse your music in specific folders with the music app but you will be able to do that with the files app (file manager).

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey ericheadlo,

I had this same issue a while back as all of my music is in AIFF, and as all my headphones that I plug into my 1020 are audiophile-grade sets with amps I needed to keep the quality up. Chris mentioned you can just drag it to your phone and it will convert it to a playable format in the music app (m4a or mp3). If you're concerned about audio quality, I use Freemake on my desktop to convert any new albums from AIFF to WMA Lossless, which is playable natively. Moliplayer is definitely not comparable to the music app- it lacks playlists, artist and album sorting.

ericheadlo

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
What would be the best route for me then to use the native music player on the nokia lumia 1520?

It seems to me that even with WMA lossless, the playback of the phone won't be functioning near like how itunes works on the iphones.

All my music is prepped, and stored in itunes (Macbook pro user). Would i just use the windows phone sync app?
btw thank you jojoe42 and christopher for the haste response

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone can sync with iTunes. Dragging and dropping music into the phone will get you all of your music. Using the windows phone program/app to actually sync with iTunes will bring everything over the same way it is in iTunes including playlist. Right now the windows phone music app is not as good as apples iPod app on the iPhone but it's improving. From what I understand it was better but it took a bit of a downgrade with windows phone 8.1. It's not great but it can get the job done.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone can sync with iTunes. Dragging and dropping music into the phone will get you all of your music. Using the windows phone program/app to actually sync with iTunes will bring everything over the same way it is in iTunes including playlist. Right now the windows phone music app is not as good as apples iPod app on the iPhone but it's improving. From what I understand it was better but it took a bit of a downgrade with windows phone 8.1. It's not great but it can get the job done.

That doesn't work with AIFF files in iTunes, tried that first time round when I got my 1020.

Erich what do you mean by not playing back as well as iTunes + iOS? If you were after audio quality you could just convert it all to WMA Lossless, otherwise iTunes will create AAC versions of songs built in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234