headphone jack question...Do all the new phones take 3-ring or 2-ring headphone plugs?

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
headphone jack question...Do all the new phones take 3-ring or 2-ring headphone plugs? I know the iPhone is 3-ring but what about other phones?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be 2 ring only in the case of my 620.
I have a Sony Headset with 2 rings and it works fine but my Samsung earphones with 3 rings won't work well when fully inserted. It does work fine though when I push just the 2 rings in.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually, all phones take 3-ring headsets for the purpose of supporting mic built into some headsets. However, be careful that such headsets built for iPhone won't work properly for Windows or Android phones because like everything else Apple does, it uses an entirely different wiring than reset of the world. If you use an iPhone headset with mic, the mic and ground wires are switched and weird things could happen on WP or Android phones.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the ring count matters enough.
All headphones will convey audio to your ears, but there are sadly more than one standard for the three ring layout.

There are two standards, then Apple.

Apple EarPods or older headphones with mics and buttons won't work on Androids and Windows Phones.

I believe Nokia's current x20-30 gen phones support the two non-apple standards, so I think if you have a Lumia, going for a Made for NOT iPhone pair, you should have a good chance of success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro