Disabling OneDrive

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should go dig up my old Motorola Razr flip phone :wink:

You maybe sound as old as I am, maybe not. I bought one them IBM PC's back in 1986. Funny you say Motorola RAZR, I just got mine out recently and gave it to my mom to use. Talk about old school, she's really old school. She has to memorize which buttons to push. GUI means nothing to her. LOL

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just delete it if you are not going to use it. I deleted it from my 820 a few months ago. And reinstalled it last month. Got rid of a lot of other storage.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Somehow I was able to delete the OneDrive app from my Lumia 928. Shocked me. Am using my own NAS and Evernote.

Make sure you (and other people who don't use OneDrive) have your data saved and backed up by other means (like that)!
I'm seeing too much posts about people asking how they can retrieve photos from a damaged device with photo upload and other stuff like backup off.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm old school I guess, don't trust all this cloud stuff. I haven't read the 4,000 page ToS so I don't know if I still own the data in the cloud or if Microsoft can use it if they choose. I'm more comfortable hanging on to my own data, to the degree that I can anyway.

I think maybe another notes app is the way to go. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry, MS is one of the few companies who actually take your privacy really seriously. They have previously turned down requests from NSA for
access to personal data. MS have said if you want data, then get a court order... Go Microsoft!!!!

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
It is possible to disable the calendar, email from syncing (for now).

Settings -> email+accounts -> Microsoft Account -> change the hostname settings to: 127.0.0.1
Calendar will stop syncing, no more emails from the MS account.
BUT all of the Office apps still sync even with this in place; Excel, OneNote.

Irregardless, if all else fails, login to the Microsoft account on your PC, change the password (and don't update it on your phone). That will kill ALL sync capabilities.
It will also disable your ability to use the app store, so you may have to frequently change your password if the syncing really bothers you.

I really would like to see an option to remove these apps, or options to enable/disable syncing of everything. I dislike the idea of forced syncing in a major way.

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If somebody wants to keep their private info private, that's their perogative. And a shopping list may be considered private. I don't have to justify that want to anybody and I don't need to embrace putting my stuff on the cloud period.

I came across this thread because I'm trying to figure out how to stop OneNote from syncing not just for privacy reasons but it uses bandwidth and battery that's just not needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium