I set my mother-in-law up with a Lumia 620 and just the other day, she sends me a message that her Bing search isn't working. Turns out, she used the pages for news, etc. that you'd get if you swiped left/right after you hit the search button. I checked, and sure enough, I lost that functionality as well. I set her up with another News app, but she seemed to really like the Bing search for that. Has there been any word from MS about this change?
    06-10-2014 11:40 PM
    WP8.1 is coming out soon and Cortana replaces Bing and you can swipe up to see the news
    06-11-2014 12:02 AM
    WP8.1 is coming out soon and Cortana replaces Bing and you can swipe up to see the news
    The Lumia she has is a 620 from aio. The latest and last update is Amber. No Black, no Cyan, no WP8.1. I've got the same phone, and the WP8.1 DP with Amber firmware has horrendous battery drain. The less I change about her phone, the better. Too bad MS had to mess with Bing. I'll try to find her a different news app.
    06-11-2014 12:11 AM
    Not much I can do to help with the Bing problem, but if you want to go back to 8.0, there's this:

Nokia Software Recovery Tool updated with support for Windows Phone 8.1 and more! | Windows Phone Central

My 920 kept crashing over and over again, so I used the above tool, went back to 8.0 and re-updated with no issues
    06-11-2014 12:19 AM
    Not much I can do to help with the Bing problem, but if you want to go back to 8.0, there's this:

Nokia Software Recovery Tool updated with support for Windows Phone 8.1 and more! | Windows Phone Central

My 920 kept crashing over and over again, so I used the above tool, went back to 8.0 and re-updated with no issues
    Yeah, totally OT, but I'm in the process of flashing the GB CV ROM for my 620 to get Black and the updating to WP8.1DP.

Back OT, I just don't get why MS removes functionality, very frustrating for people who get used to it, like my mother-in-law.
    06-11-2014 12:41 AM
    I lost that functionality as well. I set her up with another News app, but she seemed to really like the Bing search for that. Has there been any word from MS about this change?
    I have lost those features has well, no swipe left or right does not bring up news, deals, etc. Just stays on bing pic of day. I think it is something on the backend that Microsoft is working on. I noticed that Bing Rewards are working now for WP8.
    06-11-2014 09:06 AM
    Yes, I too noticed this. Though I rarely use it, but it was a kinda cool!
    06-24-2014 12:30 PM
    Wait what? Bing search had what features?! In the UK all we got was a single page...the search page. No wonder people's screenshots always looked different
    06-24-2014 12:49 PM