Smashed phone - how to unlock

lawlorz

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020. Had the unfortunate time of dropping it and smashing the screen, not just the glass, but the screen underneath. I did have it set to automatically backup everything apart from my photos, which is what I am looking to save at this point.

I get no image on the screen at all, apart from maybe some colour bleed here and there. I've used my phone in the past with the "Project my screen" app on my computer fine, but the problem I'm facing atm is that I cannot acces the internal storage or project my screen without unlocking my phone with the passcode, which is a problem as it seems screen input it also broken ( I've tried pressing power, swiping up, taping in the exact locations for my passcode to no result, turns off like no input was received).

Does anyone know of any way I can get this phone to react or unlock so I can backup my photos? It still powers on fine... I seemingly got it to shut down as well which requires a swipe... so not sure whats going on with it as I cannot see whats actually on the screen.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Other than blindly pushing buttons hoping it'll unlock, you're out of luck until you can replace at least the touchscreen to punch in the passcode.

Why was your media upload off?

There's no magic backdoor that we can access, sorry.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
You could try plugging into your Pc and see if that still works, you may be able to get the pic's that way. It is worth a shot.

lawlorz

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
yeah no plugging into pc didnt work cause the pc wont see its files until i unlock the phone. im guessing im basically screwed right?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that being possible. The PIN protection is doing it's job in terms of protecting your data. In bypassing that lock, you're attempting to bypass security. If that were possible, the PIN code would be useless. The only way to get those photos is to get your screen replaced (without the repair team hard resetting your phone).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs