why do all wp7 and wp8 apps open slowly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
So having a snapdragon 800 is like a gimmink? Because our os can't fully utilise it?

Any OS never fully Use all CPU potential. Nowdays the goal is make how the device can interact well with human with great battery life. The overall performance can't be judged by the power of cpu only but also the performance of memory and storage.

If you compare 2 diffrent OS you can't hope they all have same power and weakness. While talk about windows phone performance compared to android windows phone may have longer load time but run apps without performance drop.

If windows phone completely draw it's prossecor power it may react faster but also suffered battery life like other OS not mention the phone temperature increased. As the temperature is too high the phone can barely respone to user command and it would compeletely drop it performance

It more like overclocking your PC. The clock never set to it highest potential but to the balace between power and speed to maintain it temperature

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not seeing the resuming thingy so much after wp8.1. Cyan will fix any ongoing issues. To answer your question, it is Lazy devs of course...... They can't be bothered to rewrite a whole app afresh for WP so they port it, leading to memory management issues. Plus you are using a 512mb device, use a 525 or 920 and you will never see the resuming screen.

sadly no,even my 820 has the resuming screen,it is faster but unless the devs correct it,even the 1gb phones will have this issue :(

(edit) ps-my 820 is on wp8 ,my 720 is on 8.1 ,yet to update my 820 to 8.1

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I think you have issues with your phone. I compared my 925 to the Xperia Z1. WhatsApp started slightly faster on the Z1. The Z1 is a quad core, while mine is a dual core. Did the same comparison to the Galaxy Mega, and mine was faster with starting up WhatsApp.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My 920 loads apps quite fast. The only apps that take a moment to load are ones that I have disabled updating in the background (such as news apps).

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
That's what I said in my previous posts that opening apps is quicker on even my ace but overall the android is slower in interface.

So I'm going to conclude that no one here has any objective evidence that WP requires less resources than Android.
I'm not trying to insult WP, just curious if one of the common claims about it has any established basis in fact.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
PS : Don't say WP dog again. There is no perfect OS in world. That's why they keep updating it

I found WP to be dog slow when I was choosing which smart phone to buy late last year. That's why I chose to stick with Android. I think this forum allows enough freedom of speech to say that. (Just don't ask if Cortana is a 'female AI', or just a generic AI with a female voice. That got me a one week ban.)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Again, do you have some objective evidence to support the claim that Windows Phone can run with fewer resources than Android? For example, papers, technical specs, etc showing RAM and CPU efficiency of each system.

Btw, my experience is the exact opposite of yours - Windows Phone is dog slow (but the home screen is smoother), while Android is much faster (but maybe not as smooth) on comparable, cheap hardware. But that was before I used the Moto G - it's completely smooth in circumstances that WP is and much much faster.

Taking a page from your book, do you have any evidence for this? The answer is "No". Your observations are just that. Just like the posters you keep hammering at. What do you want? Pie charts and ratified documents? They will post based upon their experiences - just like you - I sincerely doubt they have a fully instrumented lab to create the hard data you so crave.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Taking a page from your book, do you have any evidence for this? The answer is "No". Your observations are just that. Just like the posters you keep hammering at. What do you want? Pie charts and ratified documents? They will post based upon their experiences - just like you - I sincerely doubt they have a fully instrumented lab to create the hard data you so crave.

Thanks, that's exactly my point. Yes, I am asking if anyone has some objective data. I'm glad I got that point across successfully. Something like the minimum requirements quoted for Windows 8, but for WP and Android would be a good start, but actual independent tests would be even better. I've never seen anything relevant in the public domain.

I've always found the claim that WP is more efficient than Android unconvincing, not just because of my experience of the two systems but also the fact that Nokia chose to base their very low cost X smart phones on Android rather than WP. But that's not objective evidence. I'm interested in this point because the growth in the smart phone market is and will be mostly in the low end in years to come, so understanding whether one system has an advantage over the other would be quite informative. Unfortunately, it seems that no one here (including me) has any relevant data so we will have to reserve judgement on this important point.

I'll keep watching this thread in case someone does post anything useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss