Rant: Multitasking on windows phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
There's a lot of misinformation going around this thread. First of all, WP8/8.1 has multitasking and it works with the OS to preserve battery and use the hardware efficiently. Android is the OS which doesn't handle multitasking properly, which is why it lags a lot on low end phones. WP is optimized for even low end phones so that there's minimal lag. You might get the "resuming..." screen while switching sometimes but overall the experience is very smooth even on low end devices. This is what separates WP from all other OS's. In the future updates, the "resuming..." screen would be gone too. As far as downloading/uploading in background is concerned, WP is capable of doing that. Some apps can do it and some apps can't, so its down to the developers, you can blame them for that. No need to make false statements about the OS.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot of misinformation going around this thread. First of all, WP8/8.1 has multitasking and it works with the OS to preserve battery and use the hardware efficiently. Android is the OS which doesn't handle multitasking properly, which is why it lags a lot on low end phones. WP is optimized for even low end phones so that there's minimal lag. You might get the "resuming..." screen while switching sometimes but overall the experience is very smooth even on low end devices. This is what separates WP from all other OS's. In the future updates, the "resuming..." screen would be gone too. As far as downloading/uploading in background is concerned, WP is capable of doing that. Some apps can do it and some apps can't, so its down to the developers, you can blame them for that. No need to make false statements about the OS.
So you mean to say that Microsoft itself didn't allowed fb app to upload in background ? So what, again
It comes to Microsoft... No my friend the API for app development is so restricted that it doesn't allows to do so...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So you mean to say that Microsoft itself didn't allowed fb app to upload in background ? So what, again
It comes to Microsoft... No my friend the API for app development is so restricted that it doesn't allows to do so...

Sorry, but that's not true. I recommend you either talk to some devs or take a look at API documentation yourself, before spreading fud.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have already talked with uc developers that is the reason why I said that...

So the guys who actually developed an app that supports background downloads told you it's not possible because of Microsoft's API restrictions? That's interesting. :D

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
So the guys who actually developed an app that supports background downloads told you it's not possible because of Microsoft's API restrictions? That's interesting. :D
Actually I am a beta tester of uc ...and have asked for background download on 2g as well, they didn't replied for the first time..but I asked it around 10 times ..after that they told me that due to OS restrictions we are currently unable to do that...but we will try our best to bring that feature in future updates.....this is what they told me....microsoft itself accepted after the release od 8.1 that 8 was 20% open while 8.1 is 80% so it proves my point.....

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Android is open and this is why all innovation happens there. Time for Microsoft and Apple to realise that closed systems will not help them compete and I'm glad that they're both starting to realise that.... although Apple is still a little slower in realising that than Microsoft.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This thread is just a misinformed rant. It appears to be about venting and provoking rather than about learning and listening.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss