Family Room Issues: Chat and Videos

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I convinced all 7 members of my family to get Windows Phone because of the convenience of Family Room. But, we've had nothing but problems with the chat and video sharing features for the past year. Sometimes 2 of us can't see 1 specific person's chat messages. Sometimes we can't view others' uploaded videos (says it "can't play this file on this type of device"). The chat problem is the bigger issue. We've been in contact with Windows Phone Support on Twitter quite a bit. They've suggested everything from this to that:

1. deleting the room and making a new one.
We did this at least 6 times (thereby losing all our messages, pictures, videos, OneNote lists, etc.) and the problems always reoccur.

2. exile the problematic members and re-invite them
Didn't work: as soon as the other members come back in, they still can't see the 1 person's messages. The remaining 4 members can see all messages

3. creating new Family Rooms from scratch, headed by those having the issues.
We created 3 new family rooms, one headed by each of those having issues. Didn't work.

Is there any solution to this? It's so frustrating and embarrassing for me to convince my entire family to switch over to Windows Phone for this "great feature", only to have it fail so badly. We first had problems with it over a year ago and complained to Windows Phone support since then but the problem remains.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I was just coming here to post a similar question. Having a lot of problem with ROOMS too. I cant really utilize the chat and video yet, my wife and daughter are on iphones. The calendar is the most important thing we use and we're not having a problem with that. But I have an issue with the 3 other fam members are in duplicate. In which the top 3 fam members are greyed out (dimmed) and says they aren't fully synced or waiting on them. But the 3 tiles below are all active. (Same 3 family members).

It just doesn't appear to be working right either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3