Other than turning Data off, is there a way to force Nokia Maps to use offline maps? You can do this in Nokia Drive, but I cannot see a way in Maps.
    06-26-2014 09:01 AM
    Other than turning Data off, is there a way to force Nokia Maps to use offline maps? You can do this in Nokia Drive, but I cannot see a way in Maps.
    Yeah I'd like to know that Nokia Drive as well! Everytime you search on it and you're offline it tells you you're offline and asks if you want it to search offline... which should be a given...
    06-26-2014 12:40 PM
    Nokia Here Maps work offline, has long has you have the map downloaded. Places, search, etc all work. Once you go off the map that you have downloaded then it requires a connection.
    2tomtom likes this.
    06-26-2014 01:01 PM
    Nokia Here Maps work offline, has long has you have the map downloaded. Places, search, etc all work. Once you go off the map that you have downloaded then it requires a connection.
    Yeah but what I mean (and I think the OP as well) is once you have the whole maps downloaded, can you force it to look offline by default?
    06-26-2014 01:19 PM
    Yeah but what I mean (and I think the OP as well) is once you have the whole maps downloaded, can you force it to look offline by default?
    Yes, places, search all work offline has well. Just disable all your data connection's and try (no cellular or wifi)
    06-26-2014 01:32 PM
    By default it tries to search online, fails and asks if it should search offline. That's what I'd like to get rid of so it just searches offline automatically without it asking me and having to confirm it.
    06-26-2014 04:33 PM
    Just to be clear, I was looking for a way to use Maps offline without turning off data. I use very little data, so I only have 100Mb a month. I got burned for over 50Mb the other day when I turned on Maps to find an address.

Seeing as Drive has a setting for this, I cannot understand why Maps does not.
    dlalonde likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:39 PM
    Just to be clear, I was looking for a way to use Maps offline without turning off data. I use very little data, so I only have 100Mb a month. I got burned for over 50Mb the other day when I turned on Maps to find an address.

Seeing as Drive has a setting for this, I cannot understand why Maps does not.
    Thank you for clearing that up, I misunderstood your question :)

Although I'M glad I did cause your reply made me look at the options to find how to make Nokia Drive+ use the offline maps by default (the Internet Connection button for the other slow people out there like me )
    Last edited by dlalonde; 06-27-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    06-27-2014 05:49 AM