Help with Nokia Warranty and Customer Service (had a horrific expierence thus far)

Mifter

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm posting this here as its more of a general question (and I have two devices with issues that should be covered under warranty). The first is a Verizon 928 that I've had for just under a year. I have unfortunately had numerous issues with it necessitating a number of replacement devices. However, Verizon uses Certified Refurbished Like new devices for warranty replacements and within a few weeks new issues consistently pop up (for which I then replace the device and the cycle repeats). I've spoken to Nokia and they said the only thing I can do is send it to them for a repair/replacement which is impossible for me as I cannot be without a phone for more than a day (I travel constantly for business) and have no other working Verizon devices to use in the interm.

The other issue is with a prepaid 521 that has multiple rows of dead pixels on its screen (bought 8 months ago) to which T-Mobile says is Nokias problem and Nokia once again says to send it in (leaving a member of my family without phone service until it is fixed).

The ridiculous part is compared to other companies Nokia's response is horrific. I've contacted executives, and escalated through their department and not a single person has budged (some of the CS supervisors were quite rude when I asked if their was another way to handle the warranty). Compared to a friend I helped with his moto X (which he bought USED) which had battery issues (likely from constant usage) Motorola immediately sent out a replacement (even letting him customize it with a difference color and accent) sent him a pair of $50 headphones for his trouble and apologized profusely (all this for someone who bought a device used). Or another friend who had iPhone issues which Apple replaced the phone on the spot.

I've been with WP since its launch (and love it compared to Android and iOS), and never had issues with my previous HTC or Samsung WP devices but of the three Nokia's I've bought I have had issues with all three. Is their anything I can do to try and get Nokia to work with me? It seems odd that everyone raves of Nokia's durability and great customer service and I have experienced the exact opposite in every regard. They claim they want to compete in the market but they apparently can't stand behind their product like other companies do.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm at my wits end with Nokia but don't have the money to buy replacement devices and cannot afford to be without for any length of time. I've even offered to allow Nokia to place a $600 hold on my CC and send a replacement to ensure I return the defective device (Google (through the Play store) and Samsung from my experience offer that option). Help!

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Nokia is offering to help. You just need to send the unit to them. So that's all you need to do. If you can't live without a phone, that is somerhing Nokia can't deal with. You have to find a way to get a temporary phone or tell your clients to call you on a temporary number while your phone is being serviced. Different companies have different policies. You have to accept that fact.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I recently had an issue with a brand new 2520. Contacted Nokia. 2 days later a package arrived with everything I needed to send it to the service center. I dropped it off at a UPS store and about a week later it came back repaired.

Your problem isn't with Nokia, your problem is that you think it's Nokia's responsibility to provide you with phone while yours is being repaired. It's not. That's totally on you.

Mifter

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently had an issue with a brand new 2520. Contacted Nokia. 2 days later a package arrived with everything I needed to send it to the service center. I dropped it off at a UPS store and about a week later it came back repaired.

Your problem isn't with Nokia, your problem is that you think it's Nokia's responsibility to provide you with phone while yours is being repaired. It's not. That's totally on you.

Not necessary, I bought a product with the expectation that it would work as ordered. It hasn't. That is by definition Nokia's problem (to clarify I use a case, have never dropped the phone, etc.). Nokia claims they sell quality and they are competitive with any other manufacturer or mobile operating system, but when a good chunk of the industry offers X and Nokia decides to offer Y (and Y is inferior) it hard to claim they are trying to compete. Windows phone already has a significant hurdles to adoption Nokia offering less than the industry standard for warranty utilization is hardly going to help (again, if Motorola, Apple, etc. offer better why deal with WP where Nokia is the dominant manufacturer by an enormous margin)

If this is Nokia's policy then that is their prerogative (however calling it top notch support is hardly accurate), however I was asking if there was a way around this fiasco, if not then I'll start speaking with Verizon about forcing an early upgrade to a different device.

Mifter

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is offering to help. You just need to send the unit to them. So that's all you need to do. If you can't live without a phone, that is somerhing Nokia can't deal with. You have to find a way to get a temporary phone or tell your clients to call you on a temporary number while your phone is being serviced. Different companies have different policies. You have to accept that fact.

This may be true, however as I stated, Nokia's reputation for top notch service is hardly accurate when other companies offer superior warranty coverage as they understand the importance of not being without a phone (even Verizon which I admittedly hate offers a replacement rather than have a customer be without a phone) and in a hyper-competitive industry its disappointing to see. My question remains is it possible to side-step? If not then that is Nokia's prerogative, and I will go back to dealing with Verizon and try and force an early upgrade/replacement. I'm merely frustrated because I want WP and Nokia to succeed but its extremely hard to keep putting up with issues from MS and Nokia where they aren't meeting (or exceeding) industry norms.

Mifter

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my replies are not showing (saying "Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.") is this new or something else I've inadvertently tripped?

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Aye, and most people will choose to "accept that fact' by not purchasing Nokia devices again and never recommending them to family/friends.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, Nokia's support sucks. I have delt with Nokia, HTC, Samsung on WP devices and by far, Nokia has been the worse on a few occasions. I've been told pretty much to screw by a so called "manager" at Nokia. Slam them on Twitter, that is the only way I finally got the issue resolved.

HTC and Samsung have been flawless. Even with Samsung, I had a device that was OUT OF WARRANTY but, looped after a update and would get endless gears. They said they would do a free one time software flash, they sent me a fee UPS label, shipped it out, got it back in 4 days, fully working.

For the biggest WP provider, it's the worst service I have ever seen.... If HTC made a better phone than the Icon on Verizon, no question, I would sell the ICON to get it, I dislike Nokia as a company that much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss