Don't put SD card before the first launch

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi there I was reading a thread talking about the bugs of WP, I didn't right this one there because it's important.
I've Lumias 625 and 1320 both of them had some annoying issues because they had SD card when I launched them for the first time.
I want to know if this is known bug ?
And did MS fix this on 8.1?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's related, but our Lumia 521 (8.0) had lots of problems until I removed the SD card. I don't remember for sure but it may have been put in before we first turned the phone on. It was a 32 GB high quality SanDisk card.

The two biggest problems were frequently locking up, especially using the camera, and hanging in the middle of copying files to the SD card via a PC and USB. I constantly got the bad SD card error messages. The only way to get it working again was restart the phone, sometimes a couple times.

Once I removed the SD card I haven't had a single problem. I may try reinstalling the card once the phone is updated to 8.1.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Not true at least for my 525. I had inserted SD card on before first boot and have never experienced such issues as mentioned above.
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss